Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

NE PA, NW NJ, SE NY members.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here in Garfield, there is a Blue Limited Edition, a Blue LS, a Purple SS, all 6th Gens. A Flat Black 4Th Gen, right up the block from me that looks and sounds good. There is a Red Dale that looks like Jen's (Red Nightmare's) Beauty, for sale at Paramus Chevrolet! There is Also a lady in the area that drives a copy of my YelloJAC and a supervisor at the toll both at NJTP exit 16 with a Yellow Limited Edition. And when I was down in Lakewood helping my son work on his Honda, I saw a Beautiful Blue 7th Gen for sale at a used car dealer, Very Overpriced, on Route 9 near the Tom's River Border. It looked Sweet! I don't see other Montes a lot compared to Camero's, Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, But I do see them.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
nice man, i forgot about the red SS at the dunkin! i know there used to be like 3 dale jr's up here.

BTW, where in bartonsville you work? i used to work at MCTI, got laid off quite a while back though. if you had your car back in early '12 i probibly noticed it around, lol.

speaking of MCTI reminded me of the red '04 high sport one of the teacher's assistants had up there.
I work at Nissan there on 611. I didn't have the car then.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
I normally see alot of 6th gens driven around by older women, and they are pretty popular.
Occassionally I'll see a guy driving one, mostly in the 7th gens.

I see alot of intimidators here on LI.. Many 4th gens. A good looking 5th gen is hard to find, most of them are junk.
Oh, there is a woman that drives around in another dale jr, suprised her once seeing her sitting in the wendys parking lot. The look on her face seeing another jr was priceless!
I've heard from friends there are two others besides her along the island, one in nassau, and one out east. Met someone with a jr at a show too. There is one person in coram that has a jeff gordon monte (works in stopnshop, seen it often) Another girl in coram with a red pace car. Met someone with a yellow supercharged ss. He's the only person I met that did a tune/upgrade to it. Running a 3.4 pulley & tune, hot air intake and straight pipes. eh.
Sometimes I see a silver n/a ss with blue pinstriping with straight pipes... My neighbor has a white n/a ss. A coworker in another store has a purple monte, met a few customers with montes....I got another friend with two 6th gens, one that had a engine fire(crispy!) and another he's working on at the moment.

I can go on....and on... very popular here.
I see, I see...lol. I have the Cars.com app and i'll check the Monte's that are for sale within a certain radius of my location. A lot do pop up in Jersey and NY.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Here in Garfield, there is a Blue Limited Edition, a Blue LS, a Purple SS, all 6th Gens. A Flat Black 4Th Gen, right up the block from me that looks and sounds good. There is a Red Dale that looks like Jen's (Red Nightmare's) Beauty, for sale at Paramus Chevrolet! There is Also a lady in the area that drives a copy of my YelloJAC and a supervisor at the toll both at NJTP exit 16 with a Yellow Limited Edition. And when I was down in Lakewood helping my son work on his Honda, I saw a Beautiful Blue 7th Gen for sale at a used car dealer, Very Overpriced, on Route 9 near the Tom's River Border. It looked Sweet! I don't see other Montes a lot compared to Camero's, Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, But I do see them.
Definitely see a lot of the newer ponycars out. Always Mustangs. I'm a big fan of Hemi's and I do see plenty of SRT products. More than Montes. New Camaros as well. Now Montes do have a history but nothing like those cars that's why I think they'll always be more popular. I'm from Newark and when I go back there or to Jersey in general, most of the Montes are in ok shape or dogged out. Shame.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM

Here in Morris County I see at least 1 other monte every day, usually 6th and 7th gen. nothing to fancy some SS mostly LT, usually driven by the elderly. but I agree with JC Colon there are a lot of Camaro's and SRT8/RT's in the surrounding county areas. I work in Irvington and 6th gen Montes are a dime a dozen down here, one on almost every corner. There are a lot for sale in used car lots around Newark/Union area, but very over priced. asking $5-6K for a 01-04 with 160,xxx+ miles.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member

When I was looking for a Monte I went to a used car dealer in Irvingron. It was Dark Blue 03 SS. The Trunk was faded the tires were balled, the left headlight was missing the reflector. And the guy wanted $4500 for it. I told him I was waiting for my income tax witch I expected by the end of the week. I had the money in my pocket. The car just wasn't worth that to me!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
When I was looking for a Monte I went to a used car dealer in Irvingron. It was Dark Blue 03 SS. The Trunk was faded the tires were balled, the left headlight was missing the reflector. And the guy wanted $4500 for it. I told him I was waiting for my income tax witch I expected by the end of the week. I had the money in my pocket. The car just wasn't worth that to me!
It's terrible how they try and rip you off for that but you know they'll find some sucker who will buy it for that price

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

Next I will be looking for a 4th Gen, under modified, But I won't be looking in the Irvingron area! That's for Sure!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

Pgh has alot of 6th gens i rarely see a 7th