Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

NE PA, NW NJ, SE NY members.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM
1 Year Member
Default NE PA, NW NJ, SE NY members.

There are several Monte's I see on a semi-regular basis in the area I travel daily. They vary from old to new, LS to SS, supercharged, Dale#8 editions(real and fabricated), 6 to 8 cylinders and such. Favorite colors for me (Im speaking for my own generation monte) are the metallic blue that I own, white, and yellow. What I find weird is the fact that these cars aren't something you might see everyday. And even weirder is when I do see other Monte's, its like 1,2,3, in about 5 mins. I know certain cars have a cult following so you see them everywhere, but I like a car that has a little bit of exclusitivity. Being that I live about 10 mins from Pocono Raceway and being in this area for over 20 years, I can understand why people like these cars so much. Do you folks see Monte's all the time? Let us know. I could probably answer that for some of you and that answer would be no. And I think we like it that way.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i spy almost every one on the road lol. there's a bright red 6th gen SS by me right now that the guy is almost always hauling a push mower in the trunk, a ratty green 5th gen owned by a scumbag i went to school with, a dark blue 4th gen non SS with a fairly built engine and centerline wheels, the red 5th gen that i built my car to look like, the black & yellow 4th gen SS with lambo doors at the shop where i get inspections done, 2 silver 6th gen LS's, a blue 6th gen LS with ugly wheels that's for sale, and a dale jr 6th gen with a big american flag in the back window.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man Ryan, you've really got em memorized I see my fair share of montes, theres some 5th gens floating around here, any of which are kind of in sad shape, I see some 6th gens every now and then and I know of 1 black 07 SS that a women drives, see that on occasion. Theres also a white 6th gen with IPCW tail lights around.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 PM

lol i remember cars i like and yet somehow i forgot the black 4th gen SS that sits one street over from me

Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
lol i remember cars i like and yet somehow i forgot the black 4th gen SS that sits one street over from me
apparently you havent seen mine. I drive (drove) on rt 80 all the time and go to Marshalls Creek to my friends shop. I have a white 02 SS. now it is crahed and sitting in my yard waiting to decide what I am going to do with her.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:48 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
i spy almost every one on the road lol. there's a bright red 6th gen SS by me right now that the guy is almost always hauling a push mower in the trunk, a ratty green 5th gen owned by a scumbag i went to school with, a dark blue 4th gen non SS with a fairly built engine and centerline wheels, the red 5th gen that i built my car to look like, the black & yellow 4th gen SS with lambo doors at the shop where i get inspections done, 2 silver 6th gen LS's, a blue 6th gen LS with ugly wheels that's for sale, and a dale jr 6th gen with a big american flag in the back window.
Lol. Nice memory. I live in pocono summit and work in bartonsville and mostly all the 7th gens I see arent ss v-8's, the 6th gens are the most common with the ss and ls going neck n neck in sightings. Only thing is that they're all mostly the same colors. I do see a lot of Dale Jr's up here. Even going up route 209 toward yourself there was a banged up red ss by the dunkin donuts and park n ride.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Not to many Monte's around here, a few 6th gens but usually quite rusty, rare to see em taken care of. 7th gens you see every once in a while but no SS's usually LT's

Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mpound97
Lol. Nice memory. I live in pocono summit and work in bartonsville and mostly all the 7th gens I see arent ss v-8's, the 6th gens are the most common with the ss and ls going neck n neck in sightings. Only thing is that they're all mostly the same colors. I do see a lot of Dale Jr's up here. Even going up route 209 toward yourself there was a banged up red ss by the dunkin donuts and park n ride.
nice man, i forgot about the red SS at the dunkin! i know there used to be like 3 dale jr's up here.

BTW, where in bartonsville you work? i used to work at MCTI, got laid off quite a while back though. if you had your car back in early '12 i probibly noticed it around, lol.

speaking of MCTI reminded me of the red '04 high sport one of the teacher's assistants had up there.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM

we are full of 4th gen montes here in wilkes barra,pa.my friend owns two monte ls's.i have a first gen and there is another monte like mine in town.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

I normally see alot of 6th gens driven around by older women, and they are pretty popular.
Occassionally I'll see a guy driving one, mostly in the 7th gens.

I see alot of intimidators here on LI.. Many 4th gens. A good looking 5th gen is hard to find, most of them are junk.
Oh, there is a woman that drives around in another dale jr, suprised her once seeing her sitting in the wendys parking lot. The look on her face seeing another jr was priceless!
I've heard from friends there are two others besides her along the island, one in nassau, and one out east. Met someone with a jr at a show too. There is one person in coram that has a jeff gordon monte (works in stopnshop, seen it often) Another girl in coram with a red pace car. Met someone with a yellow supercharged ss. He's the only person I met that did a tune/upgrade to it. Running a 3.4 pulley & tune, hot air intake and straight pipes. eh.
Sometimes I see a silver n/a ss with blue pinstriping with straight pipes... My neighbor has a white n/a ss. A coworker in another store has a purple monte, met a few customers with montes....I got another friend with two 6th gens, one that had a engine fire(crispy!) and another he's working on at the moment.

I can go on....and on... very popular here.

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 07-29-2013 at 10:43 AM.