Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio Car Show - Aug 31, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Spoke to Ryan (slowmontecarlo)

Jason...
Looks like I will be traveling by myself ... Ryan doesn't think he will be able to make the show.

But, I will do my best to get the Monte ready... (hopefully my back will allow me to detail it?) But im looking forward to getting the heck out of the house....

Old 08-24-2013, 06:34 PM

Too bad I'll be working 3rd shift through that weekend or I'd come up. But the hours drive one way is a little too big of a chunk out of my sleep.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Looks like I will be traveling by myself ... Ryan doesn't think he will be able to make the show.
That sucks. But I hope your journey here is smooth and easy. And I do hope you can get some detailing done.

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Too bad I'll be working 3rd shift through that weekend or I'd come up. But the hours drive one way is a little too big of a chunk out of my sleep.
Just call in sick I'm kidding of course!
Sorry to hear you can't make it out, but I completely understand. It's not worth the risk of falling a sleep at the wheel.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

This is a little far for me plus I'm going to be up at the lake for Labor Day weekend. Hope you guys have a good time and make sure you take some pictures to share!

Just a thought, but maybe we try to plan a meet somewhere near the Ohio/Michigan border next year so we catch both Michigan and Ohio members, as well as Indiana. We do have our Michigan Meet coming up in four weeks and we've never had an Ohio member at one of those Meets, just fyi. If anyone can make it, you Ohio members are more than welcome to attend that.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:19 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
We do have our Michigan Meet coming up in four weeks and we've never had an Ohio member at one of those Meets, just fyi. If anyone can make it, you Ohio members are more than welcome to attend that.
I desperately wanted to come to the ones in May. Things did not pan out. I have to see how things pan out thus far. I have a crazy schedule in September, but will try my best.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I desperately wanted to come to the ones in May. Things did not pan out. I have to see how things pan out thus far. I have a crazy schedule in September, but will try my best.
Sweet, sounds good Jason!

Like I said, hope you guys have a good time at the Mentor show.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:24 AM

I would love to go but I don't have the money this summer has been pretty hard for me and lorrie's, after her car wreak and we had to go and fine her a new car, planning our wedding in October and I just bought a used truck. so I will have to miss this car show.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2004DE_JR
I would love to go but I don't have the money this summer has been pretty hard for me and lorrie's, after her car wreak and we had to go and fine her a new car, planning our wedding in October and I just bought a used truck. so I will have to miss this car show.
Tim:
Congradulations on getting married!(In Oct) Lizzy and I got married on October 10th... So, if you 2 deceide to choose the same date...We could celebrate our anniversarys together!

Sorry to hear about Lorrie wreck! Hope her and EV1 is ok. Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it... maybe next time.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Sorry to say I will not be attending. We just got from our honeymoon on Sunday and my wife had scheduled her minor surgery before the honeymoon. She had her surgery yesterday and I need to stay home with her over the weekend. Hope the rest of you have fun and I will make it out to one of these meets soon enough.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:49 AM

10 Year Member

No problem KC. Thanks for the update. Hope your wife is doing well.

Quick Reply: Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio Car Show - Aug 31, 2013