Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Arizona Car Show RaceWars

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Arizona Car Show RaceWars

I'll bought my ticket and will be traveling to Arizona this coming Fri. Apr. 17th and meeting up with a cool member of the forum Tweek (Chris) to attend a car event called Racewars on Apr 18th. He invited me to participate with him and others in the hour long cruise to the car show site leaving Phoenix and traveling to Gila bend, Az. Should be a pretty fun event all the way around. Chris got me excited about this when he posted about it a few weeks back, as they are doing "Roll Racing", a car show and many other events for the day.

I'm possibly not going to do the roll racing, won't know for sure till I get there. Been having CEL's 0327, 0332 engine knock sensors, so I'm kind of spooked about pushing the engine to hard till we have time to dig into it more. Just had new Accel Ceramic booted extreme high temp wires and new plugs put in, not missing anymore (Actually had a bad wire) and since I got it back yesterday, no more Knock codes either. Will have to see how the 12 hour drive goes and how it acts up if at all.

But anyway I'm taking the Go-Pro for the cruise down to the event from Phoenix, hope there are at least 50 cars for this phase. It will be so cool to cruise with Tweeks Intimidator Monte SS ( he was in Aprils MOM competition) him and I can blast around together for a few.

I expect it to be a hot day, Chris is thinking in the mid-90's, ugh

Here is a link to the RaceWars, so you can see all the cool things they have planned. I'm glad there will be imports there too, seems like most shows are typically domestic cars and that gets so old, will be nice to see some tricked out Supra's, GTR's, Porsches etc.

http://www.racewarsarizona.com/events.html

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 04-11-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:34 PM

Hi Mr Zippy `Greg,
That sounds like a super fun event 4>Sure...Thanks for posting sharing & we all look forward to a good review + pictures....Maybe (?) there's more member's that see your thread & join in on the fun...

Old 04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Hi Mr Zippy `Greg,
That sounds like a super fun event 4>Sure...Thanks for posting sharing & we all look forward to a good review + pictures....Maybe (?) there's more member's that see your thread & join in on the fun...
I think Nighthawk (John) said Bumpin96 Lives down there. I should try and get in touch with him before I go, see what he is up to, he has some beastly builds for sure. Thanks BeachBumMIke for the suggestion...

Old 04-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Have a safe trip. Hope you win something while there and as earlier suggested take plenty of photo's. My Son used to live in Phoenix and we drove down several times to see him, My Daughter lives in Colorado Springs so we could stay there and then dive from her house. Sometimes that last leg was really a long one. My wife liked this Car wash called the Flamingo in Scotts Dale. For $15.00 they cleaned the car from front to back inside and out. Fun stuff. The heat has very little Humidity and I didn't find it to difficult to deal with. But I know why the State of AZ. doesn't observe the Daylight savings time, they don't want to deal with that much heat for all those extra hours.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Looks interesting, good luck

Old 04-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I think they said weather is supposed to be high 80s in the area of the show is going on at. As far as the cruise I think there will be at least 50. My buddy that is riding with me is brining 2 go pros plus he brings his professional camera

Old 04-12-2015, 09:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds cool!
Have a good time guys!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Just finished my display for the show. 3 items. My letter saying I'm 532 of 4000 intimidator ' s made. A postcard for the intimidator and I blew up the back of the post card that had all the stats of the car

Attached Thumbnails Arizona Car Show RaceWars-20150416_210852.jpg  
Old 04-17-2015, 12:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Greg/Tweek...
Have a Great time and keep us posted!
Pics and videos are a must!

Wishing I could join you guys out there...
To far for me to drive from Michigan.... lol
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure to Race Wars!

Have a safe trip... Have fun!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Leaving Utah in about 6 hours driving the Monte to this event Meeting up with Tweek and his bad azz Intimidator Monte, boosted crew on the road. Should be a fun event. brought my helmet and proper track clothes in case I feel the car is ready to roll race, it would be to much fun, just don't want to break anything so0 far from home. Might have to hit up the forum with a "Go Fund me" page to get the car back home

Spent 9 hours cleaning it this past Sunday, wires, had to drive it 80 miles back to SLC, ended up having 2 bad plug wires, so frustrating, and these wires were $140 ACCEll Ultra high temp with actual 2000 temp. ceramic boots and they still failed. And the worst part we had 65mph and higher winds for the whole day, my car was trashed by the time I got it back home. Oh well back to cleaning it and deal with it.

Hope this is a fantastic event, bet it will be. Meeting Tweek Sat. am for a cruise out to the show site about an hour away.

Quick Reply: Arizona Car Show RaceWars