Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

2013 NMCOA Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Oh wow, I didn't know a bra was available for the 06+ Monte. Does that bra go on relatively easy and without any fasteners (i.e. drilling holes, etc.)? I may have to invest in one of these for highway trips, thanks Tadd!
No holes, no drilling, no screws, just plastic clips that clip the bra onto the body creavases under the hood, inner wheel wheel lip and under the spoiler when the bra is off there is no attachment on your car all the clips are on the bra.I love mine used it on my route 66 trip not one chip happened

I just sent a link of one example there are others, just google them, they vary in quality the better ones have a cloth liner and will vent as you drive.

You must remember to take it off if the car gets wet and you are going to park it or it will fade the paint. BUT if it gets wet and you are driving the humidity will vent (on the better ones like mine) just read the discription carefully before you buy don't go cheap and make sure you get one for the SS model as they differ from non SS

Also, you want one with the mesh that covers the upper and lower grille inlets

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-11-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Hey everyone!! Tadd just informed me about this and I would like to go too! I didn't think my monte was nice enough to go, but I guess it's alright! LOL

My mom and I are going to head down, we will take 131 S to I-69 S, then to 27 S to get to Richmond. This will probably still be one of my first big shows so I'm def gonna need some prep help!! Still really new to the Show Bizz.

I have to become a member still, but to everyone who reserved their rooms, How much per night was it and did you have to pre-pay or just reserve?

Thanks guys!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Hey everyone!! Tadd just informed me about this and I would like to go too! I didn't think my monte was nice enough to go, but I guess it's alright! LOL

My mom and I are going to head down, we will take 131 S to I-69 S, then to 27 S to get to Richmond. This will probably still be one of my first big shows so I'm def gonna need some prep help!! Still really new to the Show Bizz.

I have to become a member still, but to everyone who reserved their rooms, How much per night was it and did you have to pre-pay or just reserve?

Thanks guys!
Ashley if you are going to take I69 south then you can meet us at the MI. welcome center just north of the IN on I69. boarder on 6/27/13 (time to be decided)

Ronda and I got the Hot tub room and used her federal discount so my rate is not normal

If you are a Monte Owner club Member the hotel will cut you a discount - they charge your credit card right away (Buggers) hotel info is at that link I sent you on the registration form.

We all would be more than happy to help ya prep your car kiddo ... remember to register for the car show after you become a member you will need to decide the class you will compete in. If you need help with that let us know

THEY ALSO REQUIRE A FIRE EXTINGISHER !!!!! DON"T FORGET...... ACE HARDWARE HAS EM CHEAP

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Awesome! Thanks so much Tadd!! I'm pretty excited about going! I have a couple things I want to do to the monte to make him look a litte more "Show" then just daily driver.

I'll probably get my reg. sent in this weekend and get my hotel reserved next week sometime. I'm a cheapo so I might see if I can get a hotel cheaper that is near the other hotel. Gatta save some money! LOL

Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd, thanks. I'll have to look into a nice car bra for highway trips. I had a nice one for my 03 when I had that car but only used the hood portion because the bra was for the non-SS (was a gift). I never used that bra in the rain and wouldn't use this one in it either. Besides, the 06 hardly ever sees rain.

I just reserved my room for the 27th-30th (~$97 a night). I'm heading down on Thursday so I'll plan to meet up with you guys at the Michigan/Indiana Border.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Awesome! Thanks so much Tadd!! I'm pretty excited about going! I have a couple things I want to do to the monte to make him look a litte more "Show" then just daily driver.

I'll probably get my reg. sent in this weekend and get my hotel reserved next week sometime. I'm a cheapo so I might see if I can get a hotel cheaper that is near the other hotel. Gatta save some money! LOL
See what they will charge you 1st cause we like to PARTY in the hotel parking lot where the show will be in the evenings - Dont 4 get to become a member (required)

Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Tadd, thanks. I'll have to look into a nice car bra for highway trips. I had a nice one for my 03 when I had that car but only used the hood portion because the bra was for the non-SS (was a gift). I never used that bra in the rain and wouldn't use this one in it either. Besides, the 06 hardly ever sees rain.

I just reserved my room for the 27th-30th (~$97 a night). I'm heading down on Thursday so I'll plan to meet up with you guys at the Michigan/Indiana Border.
WOW so cool Space needs to install a "Like button"

Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Just a little FYI.
When I reserved my room
.the lady casually mentioned there filling up fast for the nats. So Ashley you may consider a reservation. Asap.
Incase yall wanna stay at the same place as the rest of us. PS I was also informed..only 3 jacuzzi rooms left.:-)

Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
WOW so cool Space needs to install a "Like button"

Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member

Just wanted to say that last year in the hotel parking lot at the Nats in the evening, they played music, all the Montes that had em lit up their under carrage LED lights and trunk panel lights, we mingled and had a blast. Everyone shared ideas for mods, detailing cars ect... I learned a lot

Quick Reply: 2013 NMCOA Nationals