Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

1987 SS with worked 350 motor urgently needs a mechanic in north or south Carolina.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Default 1987 SS with worked 350 motor urgently needs a mechanic in north or south Carolina.

My 1987 SS with worked 350 motor needs a mechanic in north or south Carolina.

The car has a voodoo cam and a crown head.

I think one of the valves burnt out while driving at speed for about an hour after one of the valve cover breathers fell off and lead to oil leaking and then oil starvation. I started to hear a valve sound and detonations on the left hand side of the motor.

There is still a valve noise that doesn't sound too violent but still obviously is a worry. The number 4 cylinder spark plug was fouled and misfiring and after replacing it and having the cylinder firing for a few hours it became fouled again.

Unfortunately I am driving out of state so have neither the garage nor the tools (or the time) to take the top end apart.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the carolinas for this problem?

Thanks,

Caroline.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Amockalypsenow
My 1987 SS with worked 350 motor needs a mechanic in north or south Carolina.

The car has a voodoo cam and a crown head.

I think one of the valves burnt out while driving at speed for about an hour after one of the valve cover breathers fell off and lead to oil leaking and then oil starvation. I started to hear a valve sound and detonations on the left hand side of the motor.

There is still a valve noise that doesn't sound too violent but still obviously is a worry. The number 4 cylinder spark plug was fouled and misfiring and after replacing it and having the cylinder firing for a few hours it became fouled again.

Unfortunately I am driving out of state so have neither the garage nor the tools (or the time) to take the top end apart.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the carolinas for this problem?

Thanks,

Caroline.
which carolina are you in because im in charleston, south carolina