Meet & Gathering PICTURES Got pictures from a meet, gathering or car show? Post them in here! We love pics!

Nebraska Dedicated to the Memory or butch049 the Carshow we missed

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 09:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Dedicated to the Memory or butch049 the Carshow we missed

Okay for the second year in a row I went to this small town in Nebraska and was able to secure a 1st place here with my Monte Carlo which I will dedicate to the memory of butch049. I had the only Monte Carlo at this show of 103 cars, there was a few motorcycles and then they did some vintage farm tractors also.
There were some really nice cars here this year again. I will share the photo's of all of the GM entries.
At an earlier carshow I had a fellow approach me an mentioned that he knew a guy from Kansas who had a MC like mine in Black. I finally got some contact information and I might take some time to give the number a call to see what ever happened to butch049.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member

I call it my Circus Wagon Haha Mainly it's a 25 footer and everone hates the 5th Gen MC so I display it up a bit. Part of the Sales Training for my past was display set up. Any way the Car is dedicated Jesus and to the memory of Dale Earnhardt and all Veterans So that is why I have the flagpoles up and the other items that I show.

There is a decal in the back window ( Jesus I trust in You)

Old 07-21-2023, 09:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is a lot of cool cars you captured! Looks like a good time!

Old 07-24-2023, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3

Since you seem to be big into car shows, I'd figured I'd ask here - what's the deal with stock corvette owners bringing their base model cars out and making a giant sign about the stock features of it? Always perplexed me - especially when they list stuff thats obvious - "chrome wheels", "red calipers".

Seems like that crowd is ubiquitous at car shows across the country, but Ive always struggled to understand the logic (even more so how they seem to win at many shows also or at least have a prime parking location). Just seems like the bar to entry is so obscenely low as practically anyone can get a bank loan for a used c6/c7, roll down to the local used car lot to pick one up and drive it over to the show.

Even more strange to me are the window sticker people like the white one. I assume they're trying to flex about how much they spent, but given they're only $50-60k cars and the median vehicle price today is like $45k - it doesn't seem like that's any more of a flex than a soccer mom in her stock Escalade, or a construction worker in his new Ram dually - both of which likely cost more than the vette. I guess they could also be trying to show the options it came with, but I find that strange on a car that was just on the new dealer lots a couple years ago.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 07-24-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Since you seem to be big into car shows, I'd figured I'd ask here - what's the deal with stock corvette owners bringing their base model cars out and making a giant sign about the stock features of it? Always perplexed me - especially when they list stuff thats obvious - "chrome wheels", "red calipers".

Seems like that crowd is ubiquitous at car shows across the country, but Ive always struggled to understand the logic (even more so how they seem to win at many shows also or at least have a prime parking location). Just seems like the bar to entry is so obscenely low as practically anyone can get a bank loan for a used c6/c7, roll down to the local used car lot to pick one up and drive it over to the show.

Even more strange to me are the window sticker people like the white one. I assume they're trying to flex about how much they spent, but given they're only $50-60k cars and the median vehicle price today is like $45k - it doesn't seem like that's any more of a flex than a soccer mom in her stock Escalade, or a construction worker in his new Ram dually - both of which likely cost more than the vette. I guess they could also be trying to show the options it came with, but I find that strange on a car that was just on the new dealer lots a couple years ago.

I asked someone something similar to this once. He said something along the lines of, "I like the purity of it". Something like that... What I got from it is they just REALLY like the car and want to show how much they like it. Its less about showing off the car itself but rather showing their love for it, I guess.

EDIT: Wasnt a Corvette but one of those Lightning pickups.

Last edited by wht02monte; 07-24-2023 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I asked someone something similar to this once. He said something along the lines of, "I like the purity of it". Something like that... What I got from it is they just REALLY like the car and want to show how much they like it. Its less about showing off the car itself but rather showing their love for it, I guess.
That's interesting. I certainly get the love for the vehicle thing, I just thought it was odd that it was so heavily biased towards vettes. Id bet at any weekend at our big local cruise in there are probably a dozen stock c6+ vettes out there - almost all with signs like that. Virtually no one else brings a new stock car to show except for an exotic here or there.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 07-25-2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member

Both the Red and the white one are usual winners at the Carshows I attend, mostly a small town I think this one the population is around 250. The folks doing the Judging will often walk past mine and the Vettes get all the lip service.
Sometimes my car gets stuck in the same class as them. No chance to get any kind of an award for me. they know that and they still take my cash to enter. LOL
But it is something to keep me busy on a weekend, The wife hates Car shows. I am a retired 72 year old, enjoy looking at the cars I had in my youth.
FYI the White on is driven by a lady that loves carshows and also had a Mustang Both her stang and the vette have manual Trans. She does know her stuff when it comes to shifting. The Red one is an automatic owned by a friend of mine he loves the Car.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 07-26-2023 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Both the Red and the white one are usual winners at the Carshows I attend, mostly a small town I think this one the population is around 250. The folks doing the Judging will often walk past mine and the Vettes get all the lip service.
Sometimes my car gets stuck in the same class as them. No chance to get any kind of an award for me.
I've been there before and it bugged me enough to quit going. I just hated spending hundreds of hours / thousands of dollars just for the judge to walk straight over to his favorite regular in a stock vette that doesn't even change his own oil and give him the biggest trophy.

IMO there should always be a standalone class for stock modern cars (ie the people that just filled out loan paperwork and drove the car off the lot).

I dunno if they're all like this, but the local clubs around here are borderline intolerable. Actually had one have the nerve to ask me to move my modified c6 over to the "modern muscle" aisle (modified modern stuff like Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers) instead of the "vette only" aisle at the local cruise in among a few other rude encounters. As immature as it sounds, I kinda like trolling those guys now as theyre so stuck up.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 07-26-2023 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 07:26 AM

That's interesting. I certainly get the love for the vehicle thing, I just thought it was odd that it was so heavily biased towards vettes. Id bet at any weekend at our big local cruise in there are probably a dozen stock c6+ vettes out there - almost all with signs like that. Virtually no one else brings a new stock car to show except for an exotic here or there.
Ok I saw what you were saying... The guy I talked to seemed nothing like you describe these stock Corvette guys as. Yea, it seems more like they have a grudge against modifying Corvettes. Maybe they dont have the ambition to go thru the trouble of modifying a car and cant stand others who do.

Old 07-27-2023, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

I've been there before and it bugged me enough to quit going. I just hated spending hundreds of hours / thousands of dollars just for the judge to walk straight over to his favorite regular in a stock vette that doesn't even change his own oil and give him the biggest trophy.

IMO there should always be a standalone class for stock modern cars (ie the people that just filled out loan paperwork and drove the car off the lot).

I dunno if they're all like this, but the local clubs around here are borderline intolerable. Actually had one have the nerve to ask me to move my modified c6 over to the "modern muscle" aisle (modified modern stuff like Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers) instead of the "vette only" aisle at the local cruise in among a few other rude encounters. As immature as it sounds, I kinda like trolling those guys now as theyre so stuck up.
I always say the class for me is this (WTF did U bring that POS-4) lol So I kinda make it a display thing as you can see.
We have a fellow in the club that just started here, he has a Model T Ford and thinks it is a RR Silver Cloud he is very hurt if he doesn't get the biggest award at the show.
I am thrilled when the Judge will actually see all the Mods I made to the Car and appreciate that. I kinda wanted to go to Carshows with the 5th Gen MC that everyone hates and see if I can make a winner out of it. I have achieved that, I have a limited budget for stuff. Back when they were new I owned Chevelles, and 57 chevy's, 63 Chevy's. I get excited when I see one like I owned too. I got them when they were new. Mostly to race or just look cool impress the chics Lol.

1969 Daytona Yellow Chevelle 396-375HP the only thing I have left over in this Photo is the Model sitting on the Hood.

An Old Polaroid

72 Chevelle I ordered this one has the Cowl Induction Hood with the flapper. Custom painted with Blue ribbons.

Not mine but the one I had was exactly like this one in looks.

It's a nice historical vehicle but I have never been excited about Fords and I owned way to many that were Fix or Repair daileys.