MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Info: TO POST PHOTO'S FROM YOUR I-Phone TRY THIS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile TO POST PHOTO'S FROM YOUR I-Phone TRY THIS

Ok, to post from the I phone,

1.visit the MCF website here and go head and sign in.
2. Select View entire site.
3.Find the Thread you want to visit and post to.
4. Select the tab new reply
5. You should get a small screen that comes up and shows the title and then in the MESSAGE BAR: You will see what looks like a pair of Captial AA's then the Font window, font size, Font Color, Happy Face, and the Paper clip.
6.Click on the paper clip with your finger. It will say Manage Attachments.
7. you will see several buttons ( Choose File) to click on. on the left side.
8. On your I phone it will refer to a menu ( take a photo or Video) Photo Library; or iCloud
9. select the one you want to do I choose photo library for the test.
10. Select each one on the choose file button
11. Select the upload button and they will go.
12. On the top right it will say Close this window. Click that when you are done.
13. You might want to select just one at a time, some times if the photo is to large it may not go and will stop your action.
14. Finally enter you description and when you select the screen your keyboard will appear.
15. When finished select submit reply and you should be good to go!
WA-La...........
I made a test post before this with one shot of my Monte from the I phone 5.
It seemed to work this particular way for me your results maybe different. This should give a starting point. As for the other smart phones I don't know it the procedure I tried will work.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. Hopefully it helps those with I Phones

Old 11-27-2016, 11:55 AM

Good info, Thanks

I do have an iPhone and will be posting her for future reference. I personally don't like forums on a phone for various reasons so I go a few days without posting whenever I'm traveling - then back to a regular PC and life is normal.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Cool I thought I would try it.

Some one asked about how to do it on the Taz post about why the Chevy Monte Carlo had Taz for a Mascot.
So I was thinking I could try it on mine and see what happens and I was able to stumble through it. Most everything that I have done with the I phone takes just a few more steps.
A few folks use the phone for the photo taking and this may help them upload these photo's. This wouldn't work if the forum wasn't user friendly too.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I stickied this thread. Good info

Old 12-11-2016, 06:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
Default Android Test

Super Moon pic.

Same steps work on Android as well. Thanks drivernumber3! I never thought of trying it that way. Now I just need to figure out how to make it a full size image and not just a thumbnail using the phone.

Attached Thumbnails TO POST PHOTO'S FROM YOUR I-Phone TRY THIS-vzm.img_20161113_170642.jpg  

Last edited by GTHSS; 12-11-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Super Moon pic.

Same steps work on Android as well. Thanks drivernumber3! I never thought of trying it that way. Now I just need to figure out how to make it a full size image and not just a thumbnail using the phone.
Ok when you create your post you can select the photo when it is in the link part of the attachments. ( find manage attachments) select it. It shows up full size. Copy it and paste it to the post. and Wa-La your photo is large. Only thing with the phone photo's check you settings to the highest resolution so your photo's are able to show in focus at long range.
this is your photo enlarged.

Attached Thumbnails TO POST PHOTO'S FROM YOUR I-Phone TRY THIS-vzm_img_20161113_170642.jpg  
Old 12-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Ok when you create your post you can select the photo when it is in the link part of the attachments. ( find manage attachments) select it. It shows up full size. Copy it and paste it to the post. and Wa-La your photo is large. Only thing with the phone photo's check you settings to the highest resolution so your photo's are able to show in focus at long range.
this is your photo enlarged.

Good tips. Thanks driver#3! I checked my phone cam settings, they were low res. I will take another outdoor pic after the rain today and post it for test #2.

Last edited by GTHSS; 12-12-2016 at 05:37 AM.