Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

will other chevy factory stereos fit 97 z34?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Default will other chevy factory stereos fit 97 z34?

my son just got a 97 z34, his car has some controls on the steering wheel. i've been looking on ebay for a factory stereo with cd player and noticed alot look the same from other chevys. thanks for the help

Old 07-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Default RE: will other chevy factory stereos fit 97 z34?

from what i have been told on this issue is yes they should fit if they come out of the same make or style car. but i have heard of folks poutting stereos out of a vet in to thier car also.

the things is if they have the theft detereant system you might have to go to the dealer to get them to unlock it or reprogram it. this is only on some models .

I guess if it was me i would buy a after market system they are cheap enough and you can get a extra modual for the steering wheel controlls also for like a extra 20.00.

and have a newer system in the car that you know works and has a warrenty if it dont.
a decent cheap system is a good way to go unless you plan to restore it back to factory specs. If this is the case then you would want to also look at the date codes on the stero and plant codes to see that it was made when the rest of the car is .

are you looking just to add a cd to the Car?

if this is the case get a c.d. changer and put it in the trunck or under a seat. they can be mounted where they are out of sight and no one knows they are there,, also you can get them up to 12 disk changers for like 100.00 and they modualte to the stereo threw a channel like 88.1
and work just as good if not better then a factory system would with the C.D. in it. Also if they should go bad you dont have to deal with changing the unit out agian.

you can even get them at the local waco world (wal mart) and if you watch sales i have seen them as low as 60.00 for some of the off breads.

but this is up to you and your choices
my.02 worth