Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

When upgrading interior speakers...................

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Default When upgrading interior speakers...................

will I find that the stock speakers wire has a funky plug at the end that plugs into the speaker itself? I am gonna be upgrading my speakers tomorrow and I want to make sure before I get to tearing it apart. My installation tools are in storage so I just wanted to know if I'm gonna need em or not. I have all the basic tools here at home.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Default RE: When upgrading interior speakers...................

I'm almost positive that there are no funky plugs so to speak, obviously at the stereo side of the wires where they are all kind of "spliced" together into that big ugly plug. A friend of mine has an 02 Monte, and I recently helped him put new speakers in his. The only problem we ran into was the stock mounts not being big enough to fit the new speakers, he had Infinity Kapas, and MB Quarts, I'm not exactly sure what size, but we were able to "tweak" the stock mounts enough to get them to fit, and they sound really nice. Sorry, I got off track there, his had the normal flat metal connector deal on there. But it was an 02 and I dont know if there is any difference. Let me know what you find.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

I'm almost positive that there are no funky plugs so to speak, obviously at the stereo side of the wires where they are all kind of "spliced" together into that big ugly plug. A friend of mine has an 02 Monte, and I recently helped him put new speakers in his. The only problem we ran into was the stock mounts not being big enough to fit the new speakers, he had Infinity Kapas, and MB Quarts, I'm not exactly sure what size, but we were able to "tweak" the stock mounts enough to get them to fit, and they sound really nice. Sorry, I got off track there, his had the normal flat metal connector deal on there. But it was an 02 and I dont know if there is any difference. Let me know what you find.
Thanks

Will do, im gonna give it a go, wish me luck.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:57 AM

Good luck, by the way, what kind of speakers did you get?

Old 08-11-2005, 04:37 AM

when i do mine i replaciing all the wires on it the ones in there looked cheap so i went and bougt better wire i belive it will help me out some doing did mine this weekend and it plan on taking a better part of a day but that was also running the new wires for the amp and the speckers etc.. but i have to amke sure it is all hidden real well and out of sight to judges when of if they look under the dash .
by the way found a pheionx gold 1000watt amp cheap.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM

Good luck, by the way, what kind of speakers did you get?
These are the speakers I've had for about 2 years, although the last year they've been sitting in my closet. For the rear I have Polk Audio EXII 3 way 6x9's and for the front I have Rainbow Dreamline 6 1/2" component set.

Never heard of Rainbow? Peep the link here

Mickey- I'll only run bigger speaker wire if I run a high power system. My 6x9's are only gonna see 90watts rms at most, and my fronts are only gonna see 80 watts rms at most, not quite a high power system. But don't get it twisted, these things scream!

Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 PM

not to change the subject or anything, but when is that picture in your signature going to become reality rather than photo shop?

Old 08-12-2005, 01:07 AM

not to change the subject or anything, but when is that picture in your signature going to become reality rather than photo shop?
LOL

It's gonna be a minute bro, it's not high on my list of priorities right now. It looks tight don't it?

But uh, back to the topic. I installed my 6x9's this afternoon. Relatively trouble free, but I had my moments. The difference is that the bass hits harder and finally there is some high end output from the rears. The difference isn't night and day, but there is a noticeable difference. And in case anyne is wondering, the Monsoon system comes with a 200 watt amp made my Panasonic.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

It's gonna be a minute bro, it's not high on my list of priorities right now. It looks tight don't it?
Lol, I was just ****in with you, but yeah, it looks pretty bad *** dude. I like it.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:08 PM

what the? whats with all those damn asterisks, when did this whole "censorship" deal start? hmmm.....

Quick Reply: When upgrading interior speakers...................