Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Well look what I found

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Default Well look what I found

I have been hearing that running the speakers off the factory head unit sounds better than running it off the amp, doesn't sound logical to me in the grand scheme of things, but this is a an automotive manufacturer we're talking about, so not unbelievable. In any case, I noticed a very noticeable difference in the overall volume of my system after I upgraded the speakers due to the factory one's being 2ohm. So I was interested in finding out more about bypassing the amp and found this:

How to bypass factory amp

Old 08-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Default RE: Well look what I found

thanks for the input on this .

Old 08-28-2005, 12:35 PM

I'm gonna give it a shot next weekend and see how it turns out, that'll be my project at "mod day"

Old 08-28-2005, 05:45 PM

keep me posted on it
Thanks!!

Old 08-28-2005, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

keep me posted on it
Thanks!!
Will do. Hopefully it'll be a little so it can hold me over till October when I should have all the stuff to install my Pioneer deck. It's looking more and more like my car is gonna have a blue theme to it. The bowtie on the trunk lid is blue, the backlighting on the deck is blue and the "Monte Carlo" on my flush mount head unit install kit is gonna be backlit blue.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:00 PM

yeah dont feel bad i started off with red,black and white and ended up with puprel in there to. So by day it is the red,black and white then at night it is red white black and puprel but the lights i have added are all the same color to stay in that them when or if i ever get the flames i orderd then it will have the silved and puprel on teh hood with the flames but that is about it. so much for trying to stay simpel with it LOL

Old 08-28-2005, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yeah dont feel bad i started off with red,black and white and ended up with puprel in there to. So by day it is the red,black and white then at night it is red white black and puprel but the lights i have added are all the same color to stay in that them when or if i ever get the flames i orderd then it will have the silved and puprel on teh hood with the flames but that is about it. so much for trying to stay simpel with it LOL
I'm keeping it simple, blue!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:16 PM

Hey Monte,

I tried bypassing the amp on my rear 2 speakers today (Boston Acoustics 6x9s).

I do see a noticeable difference in sound quality.

There is more bass response, although I wouldn't call it *good* response, per se.... The sound is more boomy than before. It's not really tight, controlled bass response, but it IS way better than it was!

The overall sound is more transient as well. Things sound noticeably crisper and cleaner. Not as harsh. Overall, I give it 2 thumbs up!

I didn't do fronts as well. The back was merely a test run. Everything is back to how it was prior, going through the amp (for now).

Anyway, just posting to let everyone know!

P.S. If anyone read my previous post here, stating the bypass didn't work, disregard that, I am obviously a bumbling idiot that doesn't know how to use a FADER!!!!! LOL

Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: eric618

Hey Monte,

I tried bypassing the amp on my rear 2 speakers today (Boston Acoustics 6x9s).

I do see a noticeable difference in sound quality.

There is more bass response, although I wouldn't call it *good* response, per se.... The sound is more boomy than before. It's not really tight, controlled bass response, but it IS way better than it was!

The overall sound is more transient as well. Things sound noticeably crisper and cleaner. Not as harsh. Overall, I give it 2 thumbs up!

I didn't do fronts as well. The back was merely a test run. Everything is back to how it was prior, going through the amp (for now).

Anyway, just posting to let everyone know!

P.S. If anyone read my previous post here, stating the bypass didn't work, disregard that, I am obviously a bumbling idiot that doesn't know how to use a FADER!!!!! LOL
I'm getting insane bass response thru my amp, it's just the volume that bothers me. But I have come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna ride it out until I can get my Pioneer DEH-P770MP head unit. Then all my sound issues should be resolved, except for maybe the fronts....I may need to replace them, seems like the front tweeter on the driver side stops working every now and then. No worries, just a legit excuse to upgrade

Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 AM

lol time to go get a new set . yeah have to love that idea a good excuse

Quick Reply: Well look what I found