Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Viper 5902 remote starter/alarm installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rell
Been getting cold out here in the windy city of Chicago. So I was in the market for a remote starter. I wanted to upgrade my old alarm system. After intense research on the perfect system to protect my Monte. I came across the Viper 5902.

I purchased the unit for $389 online, weeks later after alil more research and comparing. I also purchased a XR01 bypass for $40. I had the alarm installed by an experienced installer for $235. It took him 8-9hours to install! But in the end it was all worth it

The 3D HD screen is beautiful so beautiful I kept the plastic on the screen.

My favorite feature of this unit it can display the Car Temperture. But overall this is a amazing system and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I just purchased the Viper 5902 form '00 Monte Carlo SS and I would like to ask you is the bypass XR01 used to bypass the your cars factory security system? Because my installer is having trouble installing the system on my car so do you think the XR01 will be enough to get the 5902 ready to go?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by cellman26
I just purchased the Viper 5902 form '00 Monte Carlo SS and I would like to ask you is the bypass XR01 used to bypass the your cars factory security system? Because my installer is having trouble installing the system on my car so do you think the XR01 will be enough to get the 5902 ready to go?
If he doesn't get back to you in time. I'm getting the 5901 installed in my car Thursday so I will let you know what happens. I am getting the XK01 put in also. Only reason I got the 5901 is I was told its the same as the 5902 minus the remote, which I was told I could buy later when the price goes down and just program it to the 5901.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Nice i just installed one on a car 2 days ago at work i love them took me around 6 hours with some help!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by shock081
Nice i just installed one on a car 2 days ago at work i love them took me around 6 hours with some help!!!!!!
Too bad you don't live in MN or I would say you could make some money on the side lol. I ended up buying the whole alarm and bypass through Best Buy, which I think is a huge rip off but at least I know I can bring it to any Best Buy if something goes wrong. I wish someone could come up with a list of things needed and not needed when doing the install on one of these newer Viper alarms. I noticed they added a few things here and there on the final numbers that I am not really sure I need but I will be asking tomorrow when it gets installed.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
Too bad you don't live in MN or I would say you could make some money on the side lol. I ended up buying the whole alarm and bypass through Best Buy, which I think is a huge rip off but at least I know I can bring it to any Best Buy if something goes wrong. I wish someone could come up with a list of things needed and not needed when doing the install on one of these newer Viper alarms. I noticed they added a few things here and there on the final numbers that I am not really sure I need but I will be asking tomorrow when it gets installed.
Mines was installed at bestbuy. I regret not buying da relay switch. But $235 was my price at bestbuy wit just da alarm n da bypass.my installer had 2 call his help center because da xk01 instructions was bogus.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Just got back from the Viper 5901 install. I'm lovin it so far but I don't like one small thing. If I remote start the car the radio goes on with it like normal BUT if I use the remote start button to turn the car back off (Just in case I started it then decided not to leave someplace and stay longer) the RAP function of the radio (Which keeps the radio on until you open the door) keeps the radio on for 10 minutes. So I would have to go out to my car and open the door to shut it off. Other than that I love it.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Default Problems with my car after Viper 5902 install

Unfourtunaley my car has been giving me trouble after I've gotten the Viper 5902 alarm system installed. My check engine light came on and my mechanic completed a dianogstic and the result shows that my car's electric control module was not functioning properly. So my mechanic put on another electric control module and the light still came on so he swith the devices back and installed a new engine control module and still the light is on. So my mechanic is going to have the alarm installer go over his wiring and last resort go to a GM dealer. What I would to know has anyone has had any problems with their Monte Carlo just like or similar as I have described? Does the problem lye with the remote start feature or someting else? Please can anyone offer any suggestion. Or just disconnect the alarm all together and put my baby back the way she was before? Thank you all in advance.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by cellman26
Unfourtunaley my car has been giving me trouble after I've gotten the Viper 5902 alarm system installed. My check engine light came on and my mechanic completed a dianogstic and the result shows that my car's electric control module was not functioning properly. So my mechanic put on another electric control module and the light still came on so he swith the devices back and installed a new engine control module and still the light is on. So my mechanic is going to have the alarm installer go over his wiring and last resort go to a GM dealer. What I would to know has anyone has had any problems with their Monte Carlo just like or similar as I have described? Does the problem lye with the remote start feature or someting else? Please can anyone offer any suggestion. Or just disconnect the alarm all together and put my baby back the way she was before? Thank you all in advance.
I wish I could help with that one. The only problem I am having is that, I think the hood tilt control is not working correctly. My alarm keeps thinking the hood is open when its not. Why don't you just delete the code and see if it comes back? Is that what he did or did he just swap it out and not delete the code? I believe if you don't do that then the code would stay on? Not sure though.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Default Viper 5902 install

Having this alarm system on car has turned out to be a nightmare. My car still hasn't operated like she did before now. My car's check engine light has never been on this long since I've bought the car four years ago. The dianogstic test gives back an error code P1351 Ignition control hi-output. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what did you do to resolve this issue. Also my mechanic replaced my Electric control module(ECM) and still the same code came up so he put the original back in. Any advise would be great. I love my car and I want her running like she should again; afterall, it's not like I can go buy a 2010 Monte Carlo SS.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM

Yes he did delete the code 4x now and check engine light still comes on.

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
I wish I could help with that one. The only problem I am having is that, I think the hood tilt control is not working correctly. My alarm keeps thinking the hood is open when its not. Why don't you just delete the code and see if it comes back? Is that what he did or did he just swap it out and not delete the code? I believe if you don't do that then the code would stay on? Not sure though.

Quick Reply: Viper 5902 remote starter/alarm installed!