Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Two 12" subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Default Two 12" subs

I want to install two 12 in subs in my Monte and was wondering if anyone has made a custom box to fit them and still be able to remove there spare tire !!! Any info or pics will be very useful and welcomed !!!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I guess your best shot would be to have a local shop do it for you. But before you decide on what shop, you see some of their work and go from there.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i have a large box for my single 10 and i can still get my tire out, it depends on what subs you get and how big the box could possibly be

Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM

hmmm thats a good question i've never tried :\ but i'm sure it'd suck my sub enclousure with my sub is 100 lbs easy.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You could do 2 separate boxes on either side of the trunk. Have them fire "inward" and you should be good. What type of subs are they? Specifically what type of enclosure are you wanting to make and how much air space is required for each sub...

Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 AM

Haven't decided on what subs and how big .. Looking around now for ideas and what I would like to do ... I live by alot of constuction companies and It's me or someone I know that's losing a tire every month thats what giving me the idea for being able to remove the spare tire I was thinking since by back seats fold down to seal off that part of my trunk and using the back of my seats as the back of the box and just creating a sort of face facing out

Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM

I built my ported box, I can still get to my spare tire with a little tusseling lol.

Depends on subs and type of box you choose.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by TRU:FL
I want to install two 12 in subs in my Monte and was wondering if anyone has made a custom box to fit them and still be able to remove there spare tire !!! Any info or pics will be very useful and welcomed !!!
Not all 12's are created equal. Some need a large box, others, not so much. So rather than get into a cookie cutter debate, how about if you tell us what subs you're going to be using, what type of box you want, what amp you're going to be using, and then we can go from there. Box sizes for 12's can vary from 2 cubes sealed to 6 cubes and up for a 4th order bandpass or a T-Line. Not only does the type of subs you're gonna be using factor in to what size box you need, but the type of box and amount of power you're going to be giving them factors in too.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by TRU:FL
Haven't decided on what subs and how big .. Looking around now for ideas and what I would like to do ... I live by alot of constuction companies and It's me or someone I know that's losing a tire every month thats what giving me the idea for being able to remove the spare tire I was thinking since by back seats fold down to seal off that part of my trunk and using the back of my seats as the back of the box and just creating a sort of face facing out
I guess I should have read the whole thread before answering since your post above answered most of my questions.

In any case, this would be my suggestion....go to your car and take some measurements of the height, width and depth of the useable area that would allow you unobstructed access to your spare tire. That will tell you how much airspace you'd have at your disposal so when you're deciding on subs you can make sure to pick some that can work in that amount of space or less. Problem solved.

For the record, I can get to my spare tire just fine once I remove my box. Removing the box isn't exactly fun but it's not impossible either. But yes, you can absolutely fit 2 12's back there and be able to access your spare without having to remove the box SO LONG AS YOU PICK THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT.