Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

tweeter mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Default tweeter mounts...

ok, so I want to install some 2 way speakers, but Im not sure where to mount the tweeters. I want to do an A-pillar mount, but I dont know HOW to do it. Another question... the A-pillars in some of the newer montes 06-07 have tweeters with the factory system. Do those A-pillars mount in the 03 montes? I would like to grab a pair from a scrap yard, install em with my tweets, and call it a day, instead of pulling mine out, fabricating mounts, etc.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Default RE: tweeter mounts...

not sure if they would fit or not but might be one of those things tha tyou could steal the mounts off of a set (after you bought the A Pillers)
and fabricate them in to your car pretty easily.

Other wise you actually have a coupel of choices. you can do the stick on version (the ones i hate the most)
they also have some that you figure out where ya want them to be and mount the cup and then snap them togeather and they screw in.

OR you can fibreglass a set out of the a bone yard and put the mount any place ya want to make them work for you in the car.

Or you take and mount the tweets behind the piller pannel then cut the grills in to them or make cuts etc.. to make them look right and sand them all down etc...

Also you can do the door mounts there to.

personally any choice ya make i would go to a bone yard and get a extra set for you so you are not messing up yours if somethign gose wrong.
Also you can dye or paint the plastic in any color pretty easily.

and you can mount them behind there and make it so the grill snaps in but the speakers are screwed in and the grill covers it up.

as faras gettign those out i belive you can take out the upper one and the others will pull up and out relativly easily.
Or you can take the top of the dash apart and pull down and out but the other way is some what easier.
Also in th ebone yard you cna go to a car that has a set if they are not int he best shape practice on them so you know excatly when you do your own.

Good luck and let me know how it gose becuse i plan to do the same thing here shortly

Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Default RE: tweeter mounts...

i put mine in my a pillars look sweet take a pic tonight