Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

TrailBlazer SS Shift Knob?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Dunno but i can tell u the stereo sure does lol
The stereo will fit, plug in, turn on, but WON'T work. I went through this on my search for the MP3 factory stereo in my Monte now. The issue is the data bus for the Monte (GM car line) is different then the Trailblazer (GM Truck line). I believe one requires 2 wires for the data bus and the other requires 1 wire (bottom line, a GM Tech II will NEVER see the radio to get it out of theft lock). OH and the +/- speaker outs are reversed.
Been there, done that.

As for the shift ****, neat ****. More then likely, it will fit. You may just need to make some modifications with the base and the shift boot (but it should go on AND operate without issue).

Old 07-15-2012, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hmmm.. maybe if i come across one of this ***** ill ****** it and throw it into the monte! i wish we monte owners had more options when it comes to the shift ***** other than the leather ones. i want something thatll look great and fit perfectly without it falling off or being loose

Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Very cool shifter...... Let us know if it fits...

Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
hmmm.. maybe if i come across one of this ***** ill ****** it and throw it into the monte! i wish we monte owners had more options when it comes to the shift ***** other than the leather ones. i want something thatll look great and fit perfectly without it falling off or being loose
It'll fit, all trail blazers use the same general design, just small differences.

The one in our Trail Blazer and Alero both fit in my Monte

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
I took mine off of a 95 Camaro, doesn't have a way to hold up the boot however. I like the look & feel better then the T-handle.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The stereo will fit, plug in, turn on, but WON'T work. I went through this on my search for the MP3 factory stereo in my Monte now. The issue is the data bus for the Monte (GM car line) is different then the Trailblazer (GM Truck line). I believe one requires 2 wires for the data bus and the other requires 1 wire (bottom line, a GM Tech II will NEVER see the radio to get it out of theft lock). OH and the +/- speaker outs are reversed.
Been there, done that.

As for the shift ****, neat ****. More then likely, it will fit. You may just need to make some modifications with the base and the shift boot (but it should go on AND operate without issue).
What is this MP3 stereo you speak of? A factory stereo with an AUX?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Super Sport 04
It can play MP3 CDs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3_CD

Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Nice shift ****. I've never actually noticed this, but I'm a bit surprised the TrailBlazer SS factory head unit and air controls weren't upgraded to the newer setup like in the 06-07 Monte and basically all Chevrolet's 2006 and after, since the TrailBlazer SS was introduced in 06.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Super Sport 04
It looks like my original factory radio, works like the factory radio, but says MP3 on the front and allows me to play MP3's I burn onto a CD (so I can pop-in one CD with more music then the old 10 disc CD changers I used to put in my cars).

It's GM MP3 Radio 10348717. It was offered in the '04-'05 Cavy and Venture Vans. GM NEVER documented it working in anything else that I'm aware of, but it will work in other GM cars, like my '04 Monte. I assume the Pontiac version of the radio would also work in the GM, as I compared shop book notes on the Cavvy and Sunfire the wiring for the radios are the same, so I suspect the radios are the same with different face plates.

'04 Monte Carlo SS - Factory MP3 Radio

I personally LOVE having this radio, stock look, feel, works with the wheel controls and gives me the benefit that I can take MP3 CDs between my Monte and my JVC stereo in the Grand Am.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

@Jason So does it just plug in or do you need a techII to program it.

Quick Reply: TrailBlazer SS Shift Knob?