Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Switchback LED Corner Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
can you post a link to the resistors you got?

they look great, i've seen them a lot but I don't want to do them with my current headlights lol I'm going to custom tint my own headlights
No!!! They're my secret, you cant have them! J/K I purchased the switchback lights from an ebay seller by the name of "jaydencar08"
Click Here for Switchbacks 3457

The resistors I bought were from "modifystreet" although his prices went up $2. It should also be noted that resistors are not polar, so if you buy one with all black wiring you will be fine.

Click here for 6ohm 50W Load Resistors

These should work just as well

I typically only buy from US sellers because shipping is much faster and we help our economy

Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 PM

45-LED (SMD) from SuperBrightLEDs.com. All amber, all the time.

I am not sure if I like the white/clear "mode" of those, I am definitely curious how much brighter, if at all, the switchbacks' amber "mode" is vs. the ones I am running ...

Hmmm, ...

Last edited by Zeke; 02-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member

The only reason (I think) the white returns during the signaling is because the parking lights are on when the turn signal is activated while the headlights are on (could I make that any more confusing? lol). Other words, when your headlights are on and you turn your blinker on, your blinker does not completely go out, it remains amber but during the flash it gets brighter or more leds (or a second filament) get lit. But I may be wrong since I cant check because I don't have regular bulbs any more. In the day light they do not switch between white and amber when the turn signal is pressed, they only blink amber.

Sorry you don't like them Zeke, I thought they were cool and I like them. I personally don't like the constant amber color while driving, so these worked out perfect for me. As far as a comparison on brightness, the only thing I can think of is to buy a set and put one side in and compare with the hazards on. But if you don't want to waste $20, I do know that while in amber mode there are 30 leds flashing (60 total, 30 for white, 30 for amber). If you know how many flash with your amber led signals compare it to that and there is a good guesstimate. If all 45 flash, I'm guessing yours may be brighter, but the switchbacks definitely light up the signal pretty good (night or day).

Btw Zeke, did you use load resistors or buy the new relay? I'm curious if anyone has done the relay route.

Last edited by Dmjr228; 02-13-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM

@Dmjr228: !!! WHOA !!!

I never said I did not like them! I was just sharing what I did in the department, & shared a thought about their brightness (comparison) ...

And, yes, all 45 are "at rest" when just the parking lights are on, & all 45 flash brighter when signaling ... but all LEDs are not made the same. One brand can be blindingly brighter than another manufacturer ... And these newer SMD LEDs are getting brighter every new cycle ...

I do have the resistors, just I have not put them in yet. The car is stored for the winter, but in a month or so, it will be one of the first tasks I will tackle.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zeke
I am not sure if I like the white/clear "mode" of those...
Sorry Zeke I guess I misunderstood ya there , superbrightleds is a pretty good resource for quality anything regarding leds (in my experience with them). I used them for numerous projects. I would assume they are higher quality than average, therefore being brighter. I agree smd leds have come a long way. Good luck with the install when the weather gets better . I'm a little jealous I usually put up my car for the winter but my winter truck doesn't like to stay running anymore. Luckily Rochester hasn't been hit that bad this winter, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll stay this way till spring!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Well, #1: I did not even realize you are about 90 miles from me, &, yes, this winter has been MORE than mild.

And #2: Have you been watching my incoming mail? How did you know that I get all my stuff from superbrightLEDs already?!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member

Haha yeah I make the i-90 trip everyday to come see what you're up too

....or I just like to read :p
45-LED (SMD) from SuperBrightLEDs.com. All amber, all the time.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Excellent mod and write up. I am seriously considering these!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks! This will work for all led turn signal lights. I think it's a tasteful, clean looking, relatively cheap mod that is discrete yet appealing when you look at it. Plus it's pretty cool to see them switch in the reflection of the car in front of you when your waiting to turn not to mention I actually use my parking lights now!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 AM

the link to the guy has expired do uk anywhere else to get them at cause im very much interested in these

Quick Reply: Switchback LED Corner Lights