Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Sunroof cover removal?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:08 AM
Default Sunroof cover removal?

That plastic and fabric piece that is under the sunroof and moves with it ... drives me nuts. WHY do they put a sunroof there and make it so you cannot look out of it? Is there any way that you can remove that thing?

Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Well that piece keeps the heat out when you are not in it, and I keep mine closed while driving around in the Hot sun. I have one vehicle that has a sun roof yet, not the Monte but the SUV and the thing is handy to have shut when the sun is straight up. I do like it open in the evening, when it is cooler out. Maybe the one you have won't slide open and closed manually, but the one on my SUV will.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 09-28-2016 at 05:24 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-28-2016, 06:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 2002 you can slide it back without opening the glass. pull it back with by hand.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by butch049 View Post
My 2002 you can slide it back without opening the glass. pull it back with by hand.
I have not put any effort into really tugging on it, but it seems locked in place. I will pull a little harder next time. I hope that is all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.