Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Stock CD Player Won't Eject

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Default Stock CD Player Won't Eject

About 3 weeks ago my CD Player in my 2003 Monte Carlo SS stopped working and will not eject the current disc inside of it. I do not care about the disc, I just would love to possibly get the CD player working again. I have searched everywhere for possible ways to fix it and figured I would at least ask here for any possible solutions.

I have tried a bunch of things but with no luck. The only thing I have not tried is taking out the fuse for the radio because from what I have read, I would have to go to a GM dealership to get it reprogrammed?

So if anyone has any solutions for a possible home fix, that would be great. I really would love to try taking out the fuse but if that will 100% need to be reprogrammed, I will just go to a dealership like I plan to soon when I find the time.

It is the stock radio system that comes with the car. It has always work great the year I have owned it but after starting the car and going to eject the cd, it would not. I then tried it again a minute later and still would not, only to start making a very loud annoying sound, as if it were scratching.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM

common problem, happened to me too. had to have the dealer replace it, luckily it happened while it was still under warranty.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

actually yes i have a solution. if it makes a clicking noise this should work. on the very left and right of the cd opening hole are these tiny little metal bars. if you take a plastic knife and slide the little bars outwards towards the edge it should edject the cd.