Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): stereo controlls

Old 08-21-2016, 12:35 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default stereo controlls

ok I just switched out the wheel to a leather wrapped one that I got from the salvage yard. it had the stereo controls on it would I need to get it programmed to the car or would it work when I go to use it. for some reason I am kind of not wanting to use it till I get more information about it yes it is a bonus but I am wondering though

Old 08-21-2016, 09:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It is hard to say without jumping in. Hopefully someone here has done this swap on an '06/07 Monte.

If it's like the 00-05 Montes, the wheel controls are plug and play. But if it's like other vehicles, it may require someone additions changes (like swapping out the clock spring).

Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 AM
15 Year Member

well I took a look again on the wires and every thing tucked in the back of all the braces. there is a 30 amp small fuse that blew I didn't know about. put it back together and worked amazing.
Thanks maniac it is plug and play like the 00-05 montes I don't know if that gen also has the same type of fuse hidden behind the wheel braces like the 06-07 models do. so thanks for the chime I was happy when I put the new to me but used wheel scuff here and there but better condition than mine wheel. I am happy because it feels comfy compared to the all rubber wheel that has more of a tendency of chunks coming off of it.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome! Good to know it worked.

I believe I also read if you don't have dual climate control, you can upgrade to that by simply swapping out the HVAC control panel.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM
15 Year Member

I might do a how to soon on how to do the swap and what is needed I might show the old one as a reference.
because I didn't think about taking pictures when disconnecting the air bag because I didn't want to take a chance on damaging it.
When taking off the wires in the back of it.
I kind of wish I did so I can show the wires what they look like for reference for others. who might need to do or needing to take the wheel off to give a reference.
When I had the wheel off I had to fix my turn signal wiper switch it made it a lot easier to do when the wheel was out of the way and full access to what is behind every thing. I might show what I used and tell what I used to do every thing.
the old wheel should be good as a reference point if the wheel of some one else is ok to give them a reference if they want to get the controls for the radio put in. I am going to do it some time when I am off

Search this Thread