Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Steering Wheel Control problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Default Steering Wheel Control problem

Hi guys, I have a little problem with my steering wheel controls. I bought an aftermarket headunit and wanted to keep the factory steering wheel controls. So I bought the module it's like the pac-swi or something like that, but anyway I had everthing hooked up fine. I worked perfect for a couple months. Than randomly it would just start changing modes on me every once in a while. Nothing to worry about or it would jump a mode when you pressed vol up every once in a while. Over time it got to be constant and I had to take it out. I bought new controls thinking that that was it because I changed the led's inside the old ones. Still the same thing. I have checked all my fuses. All ok, checked visually at wires I could. If I connect the module now for the steering wheel and try to program it it it doesnt even see the controls. It will error out and than just raise my vol up constantly unless i turn it down. I have tried so many things and cant figure it out! does anyone have any ideas? I have a 04 Intimidator if that helps. Thanks!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM

and to add the cruise control buttons work but the audio control buttons do not.