Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by DBS MC
H.A.T. :drools: Nice product you got there. The only product who's maker has a guaranteed value on the products! Good luck on that fiberglass project....want the best tip/hint for fiberglass work you could ever imagine? After you lay your fabric and resin it, lay your fiberglass from the backside of the piece, not the outside. You'll save yourself tons of time in sanding and filling
yeah bubbles are no fun

i did bench the L4, it seemed a bit emptry for my liking, not as full as i thought it would play, but the signal i was giving it was cut off pretty high i think. i'l try it on a real signal friday, see if i'm gonna pick up tweets or not after that benching.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
yeah bubbles are no fun

i did bench the L4, it seemed a bit emptry for my liking, not as full as i thought it would play, but the signal i was giving it was cut off pretty high i think. i'l try it on a real signal friday, see if i'm gonna pick up tweets or not after that benching.
Still not gonna want bubbles if you glass it from the backside but the main reason for doing so is how much work it saves you from doing when it comes time to finish down.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:39 PM
3 Year Member

alright guys, its been a longggggg day of some back breaking work, ive pretty much rewired my entire setup. as you'll find out from the pictures to come, i have lots of extra length in all my cables, this is because i plan to build a false floor in the future, so i'll need the extra lengths. anyways, time for the show. hope you enjoy the pictures as much as i enjoy listening to it.

the new gear came in this morning, got a new amp, 2nd alpine PDX 4.150, and some distro blocks to rewire everything.

this is how things were when i started. ive probobly posted this somewhere in here, but just to recap, this is what we started with.

and...yes, this is the mess i was working with I pretty much rewired the whole thing, i added new distro blocks, whcih i'm sitll in the middle of in this picture. i think the hot distro block is mounted in this picture.

heres all the distro blocks wired up, with some wires "neatend" up to try and keep things organized. i repeat TRY.

the gear to go in

amps rewired back up.

MS-8 reinstalled (on the other panel as you can see, made running power lines easier for me.)

a view of the wires with everything terminated.

tuning the gains

the finished look with everything tucked away.

programming, i took it active, so i coudln't really remember what was what, so i wrote it down :laugh:

just a veiw of the trunk

heres the work i did yesterday, where the "accident" happend as you cna see, i havnt tech flexed the main run to the firewall, i didnt have any zipties, so i ordered some along with the RIGHT size shrink wrap, i thought 1\2" ment it want to half inch

just another picture of the engine bay

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 02-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Cool I always enjoy install pics..

Old 02-18-2011, 08:55 PM
3 Year Member

i know its fun right? i like looking at my own install pictures to see how i can improve what i do next time. once i move everything to the false floor, i'[ll cutr **** to length so i wont have so much junk slack all about.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 AM
3 Year Member

got another peice of the puzzel this morning in the mail, the HAT L4's, completing the set of Hybrid gear i'll be droping in.

ive decided to step out of hybrid for the high end, and get some SB tweets, these little puppys play super , both in the very low highs and the very high end, incredible little guys, i had a set of em awhile back, and i loved them.
https://www.madisound.com/store/prod...oducts_id=8664

Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
3 Year Member

FINILY finished all the work under my hood, i should of just done all this work when i did the install but im a gluten for punishment, finished my big 3, done all with 1\0 now. i checked the resistance of the grounding through the engine brackets, and their painted so thick their is almost no current going through them like i had though but fear now, problem fixed. also finily got some zip ties in one of my orders, along with the ground bat block so i mounted that, wraped the main power line in tech flex, and than on top of that some of that plastic stuff around it along the bottom as extra protection.

and everything done and tightened back up

i dont really like the grounding to the chasy but i didnt find anywhere else to put it at the time i might move that one, its the one mounted to the engine mount by the bumper.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
3 Year Member

looky what i found when i got home this morning

containing

these things are allot smaller than i remembered but man do they sound amazing. smaller is better anyways. but i had forgotten how small they were. these might be a new version perhaps i heard they were having issues with the dimple in the heat, i know it was fixed i dont know if it was before or after i got my old set. god knows why i even sold them babys ;( they are so nice.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 PM
3 Year Member

well, had a couple extra hours today so i finished 100% the engine bay with the proper size shrink wrap i recieved today in a package, and worked on the rings for my mid ranges and tweets, this is a prototype ring, i might redo it with smaller rings, i'm trying to keep things as stream line as possible.

cardboard template

finished cutting template

i' havnt even tried any placment. thuresday i'll have time to make the 2nd ring, and center ring, and i'll work on the baffles and do some placment testing inside the car getting so close!

oh and i got the money for my deck now, i'll be ordering it soon as it comes out, the pioner avic-x930bt

Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Niceee!

Quick Reply: SQ build