Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Seat Cover Needed Badly

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Default Seat Cover Needed Badly

I am trying to keep my late son's monte as original as possible. The driver's seat back needs new upholstery. I am desperately trying to find p/n 88898191 Cover, Left Seat, Leather, ebony or someone who duplicates factory original for a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated and,yes, I have tried ebay and googled. No luck so far.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Have you thought about checking at a salvage yard?
There are some that are a you pull it type ( you go in the yard and find the car and remove the parts, and they might have a wrecked Monte of the vintage you need and you can find a great part for a small investment. Good luck.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM

I help people restore aircraft and I restore Corvettes, so I am very familiar with salvage yards. As a general rule, because of the way most store cars outside, getting soft parts such as upholstery, carpet, etc. is not practical from a salvage yard. The stuff is usually old and worn. A few yards disassemble their cars when they get them and store the useable soft parts inside, but those yards are few and far between. I have called around but so far no luck.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
Old 05-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by steven's monte
I help people restore aircraft and I restore Corvettes, so I am very familiar with salvage yards. As a general rule, because of the way most store cars outside, getting soft parts such as upholstery, carpet, etc. is not practical from a salvage yard. The stuff is usually old and worn. A few yards disassemble their cars when they get them and store the useable soft parts inside, but those yards are few and far between. I have called around but so far no luck.
I was lucky then recently, I found a set of seats and was able to liberate them with not to much of a hassle and install them in my car. keep up the search I am sure there will be one turn up. I have seen some covers on ebay also, but not sure if they are the color you are looking for.