Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Remote Lead

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Default Remote Lead

Hi All,

I am brand new to this site. I just purchased a 2007 MC LS not even a week ago.

I am very experienced in the sudio dept of cars. I owned a 03 Golf before this car and this is the install I did on that:

Took me a few days.\

So now to my real question. I am not that familier with this car yet.I searched this site for about 2 hrs and could not find a deffinite answer yet. I need to know where tap into a remote wire source. If you suggest a source could you tell me where it is. I know I need to have it on a source that is hot only when the car is in acc or the on position but I was out with the meter for 2 hrs trying to find one. Please help asap.

Oh here are some pics of the new ride. You will be seeing me on here alot now seems like a great site for this newly inducted domestic owner.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Remote Lead

Hello...I have an '05 LT and at first i taped into the drivers side fuse panel to get a remote turn on lead. Later on i taped into the turn on lead that goes to the small factory amp in the trunk. This is your best bet as it will keep the wire short. Make sure you fuse it!! What i did in my '05 LT is that i changed the factory speakers to INFINITY KAPPA'S being that they,like the factory speakers are of a 2 ohm load. I used the Kappa 6x9 (692.7i) in the rear and the 6 1/2" components (60.7cs) in the front. as for a sub i used aported kicker box with 2 10" L5 subs and a kicker zx750.1 mono amp (750 watts into 2 ohms)...They sound was a GREAT improvment over the factory sound. I am keeping the factory am/fm/sat/cass/cd radio and the factory amp for now. Many that hear my system says it sounds just as good as an aftermarket syst. A friend that has the same car as i do,added an alpine amp,taking out the factory amp. The only thing that i canhear and see is that he doesnt have to turn up the radio volume as far as i do to get the same volume level,but there is NO improvment in sound quality,just increased volume.....Hope this helps you.....Mike

Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Did the gen change in 06?

THe factory amp is that located in the drivers side trunk? What wire is it of hand?

Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM

anything?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Hello...The indash radio is a little different but the amp is the same.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Ok. There is a box that is attached to the wheel well. I think that is for onstar casue it has a battery thing on it is well. Or is that the amp too? I also read that the amp is on the underside of the rear deck?

The car is in for service since I read this and I could not look just yet. I am deffently taking a look tomorrow night when I get ti back.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM

HELLO...THE BOX ON THE DRIVERS SIDE IN THE TRUNK IS FOR THE ONSTAR. IF YOU PULL BACK THE TRUNK LINER ON THE RIGHT SIDE THERE YOU WILL FIND THE BOX FOR THE SATELLITE RADIO. THE FACTORY AMP IS ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE REAR DECK INBETWEEN THE REAR 6X9 SPEAKERS...

Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Sweet. Thanks alot. I did not want to take apart to much since I dont want to mess with the car to much just yet. I will have to test er tonight when I get home from work. I wonder......

Come to think of it I never seen anthing there........Do all model MC;s come with a factory amp? I know not all models comewit XM. I am going to be thinking about this all day now :S lol

I just cant wait to dig in and get some thump in my truck again.

Now to get a 8awg wire through the firewall. I noticed a cromet on the drivers side of the car. Is there any on the passengers side? I will dig into it tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the great help.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM

HEY....NOT ALL M/C'S COME WITH THE FACTORY AMP. IF IT HAS IT IT SHOULD SAY THAT YOU HAVE THE PREMINUM SOUND SYSTEM WITH THE 200 WATT AMP ON THE WINDOW STICKER. IF THE AMP IS LISTED IT SHOULD BE UNDER THE REAR DECK INBETWEEN THE SPEAKERS. YOU SHOULD RUN EITHER AN 8 OR 4 GAGUE HOT LINE TO THE BACK FOR THE SUB AMP. I RAM MINE THROUGH A GROMET ON THE DRIVERS SIDE. I MOUNTED AN INLINE 80 amp FUSE NEAR THE BATTERY AND THEN ANOTHER ONE BACK BY MY SUB AMP.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM

My stock deck is just generic deck not the premium..... the car is still not home yet so I can look for sure so I cant tell you what it has for sure. If I dont have the stock amp, where else can I tap into a wire that can give me a remote lead?

Quick Reply: Remote Lead