Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

question on sub wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
No offense to anyone.. But does he have proof to this.. I doubt 2 15" Kicker L7s rear facing in a trunk in our cars would be able to do that.. Was it a test that is official.. and also considering that there only 750 RMS each. The reading must be taken on the dash, and I want to see the results with driver door open and closed as well.. Ya im sure it can do this out of the port but thats a fake reading. If this can be proven this is a real test than I have no further comment. I just doubt those subs can do that.
Ive never seen proof other than him posting it in his sig, I seriously doubt that score is on a tl meter and sealed on the dash. I would bet money that score is on an ac meter and taken outlaw style in the port. I have a buddies with 4 18's in suv's on tens of thousands of watts that can barely hit numbers that high. I dont care what direction his subs are facing, or even if he was ported up through the rear deck(which he isnt), there is no way his setup is doing anywhere near 159 out of his trunk when measured legally on a tl. Aint happening, to be honest Id be shocked if it even reached high 140's.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:13 PM
3 Year Member

My type R is hitting harder than all my other subs when they were bridged at 500 RMS. This sub is 1 channel per voicecoil. According to the stats, each channel wired @ 4 ohms pushes 250 RMS per channel to equal the whole 500 RMS max the amp has to offer. Like I said this sub cranks. I find it hard to believe its only hitting @ 250 total.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

OK guys believe what you will. It is the real outlaw SPL on a ac meter I hit 159.7 DB. last year
on the Tl meter the highest I have ever hit sealed on the dash was 156.7 DB last year
That is all I have to say on the mater after you spend over $8000 on your system we will talk more .
Everyone has a system and thinks they are pro but take it from some one that competed 8 years that it is all about the power, size of the box and the HTZ you are running at and your equipment you are using and the quality of the install .
The head teck form kicker designed the box for me. who did yours ? the truth is I don't care and I still don't talk **** about your systems. I know everyone does not have the money and the connections I do and I don't try to make people feel bad about that . Maybe I did not repaint my car , maybe I don't have the ram air hood , did I do my PCM , did I get bigger rims ,do i have roof rails ????????? OMG do I even have a Monte Carlo ?????????
shame on you for flaming on someone else's post if you have a question. ask me don't just talk **** on here. I am more that Glad to talk to you or have you call the shop that helped me do the install and ask them what it meters on both the TI and the AC meters. They like me have nothing to hide.
and in closing
When I go to a show most of the time I don't have time to take pictures of the cars at the show let alone of the meter ( sorry can I get a picture of the meter for the guys on the forum ) LOL but if you go to the super Chevy show in Seattle WA. I will be there.
please don't talk **** on here this a a positive site for positive people if you have a question don't hijack on someones thread just ask the person with a pm.
sorry my friends for thread jacking just had 2 clear this up if it doesn't that is there problem not ours .
Blazed SS

Last edited by Blazed SS; 01-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DBS MC

Dude, who plays their sub up to 100+Hz anyway?
I play mine at 100 mhz. plenty of sq subs can easily hit 100 and it blends well with the mids. I've even had mine as high as 120.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

^^ LOL I went to see DBS MC "s garage to see what kind of a system he has and I don't even know if he has a Monte LOL

Old 01-18-2011, 03:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

All I did was ask the question..

Ive been in car stereo long enough that unless you have proof of what it does I dont believe it. its to touchy of a subject and to many people just say stuff without knowing what their talking about. With that said... like I said I just asked the question.. If it can be proven.. end of story.

BTW.. Im not saying you not saying the truth or anything. you have proven you have a monte with the pics etc.. and It looks great.. You were up for MOTY

Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
All I did was ask the question..

Ive been in car stereo long enough that unless you have proof of what it does I don't believe it. its to touchy of a subject and to many people just say stuff without knowing what their talking about. With that said... like I said I just asked the question.. If it can be proven.. end of story.

BTW.. Im not saying you not saying the truth or anything. you have proven you have a Monte with the pics etc.. and It looks great.. You were up for MOTY
WE ARE TOTALLY COOL MAN. I do understand that allot of people lie about what they hit for SPL but I am NOT one of them and it just pisses me off when people stop being helpful on here and in the car audio questions it happens all the time.
maybe I will have teacher come over to Bend Or. and take the car over to the car stereo shop and have a witness or at least to take pictures LOL

THE END

Last edited by Blazed SS; 01-18-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
WE ARE TOTALLY COOL MAN. I do understand that allot of people lie about what they hit for SPL but I am NOT one of them and it just pisses me off when people stop being helpful on here and in the car audio questions it happens all the time.
maybe I will have teacher come over to Bend Or. and take the car over to the car stereo shop and have a witness or at least to take pictures LOL

THE END
what happened with all this spl metering talk?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

look at the top of page 3

Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by Blazed SS

THE END
Will look forward to it.. Im hopeing to see what mine is here come spring once my second US AMPS amp goes in to power the sub. Im hopeing to be in the 150s but im not sure if I will.

Quick Reply: question on sub wiring