Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Problemos

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Default Problemos

Tried to install a new alpine 2300 head unit with my friend tonight, ended up with me not having turn signals or a working radio. Figured out that the deck will have to be powered by routing it from the fuse box, but we powered up the headunit and ended up with no sound (something to do with the factory amp im sure).

We didn't have a wire diagram so we went off what we could find online, used a "Metra 70-2003 Radio Harness GM 98 and up" to help with the installation. After we connected all the wires we realized we forgot about 2 more wires that go into a seperate small harness (what do these go to?) but by 11 at night I was ready to throw in the towel.

Any advice or help please? The good news is that since I used that harness it would be an easy swap to put my factory deck back in.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:55 PM

Radio is in and works fine, hazards work fine, blinkers don't. Advice?

EDIT: Everything is working, next weekend is going to be trying to hook up new speakers and an amp, along with a rear view camera and steering control interface.

Last edited by tdunbar5; 10-29-2011 at 03:03 PM.