Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Playing Burned CDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Playing Burned CDs

Has anyone had luck getting CDs they burned to play in the factory CD player? I've tried a few different programs and can't seem to get any of the CDs to play in the car. They'll play in my computers and home theatre system...just not in the car. I've tried both CDR and CDRW discs. The music is uncompressed wav in the .cda format. I've tried suggestions from a few different sites but still not having any luck. Is the factory deck just one of those that will not play burned discs?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 PM

i have in my old monte make sure your not Burning them as a mp3 cd in the newer monte you can burne a mp3 cd wer you can put like 50 songs on one cd

Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 PM

if thats not the problem you can also try burning the cds at a slower speed

Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the input. The music is uncompressed wav and burned to the CD in .cda format. I'm using the slowest speed (4X) my burner has. The disc is being finalized after all the music is burned to it. I just don't get it. I've followed the directions for the software and from various music sites to the letter and they just won't play in the car. I did read that some older CD players just won't play a burned CD, but I'm hoping that isn't the case with the one in the Monte and I'm just overlooking something...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:01 PM

i know some of my cds can take 30 to 60 seconds b4 they will play try that if you have not already or will see what other people say on the forum say if not call the a chevy dealer and see what they say im sure its something simple

Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

None of my GM cars have ever been able to play burnt cds, except the GTO but that radio is so crappy it dont matter

Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

My monte and my venture both play burned cds. I use windows media player to make them and my latest batch of disc's are memorex. I have had trouble when the discs were colored before but lately they all work. I have also used nero to burn cds a few years ago because it came with the burner i bought.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM

Odd i never had a single problem playing any burned CDs in Monte, it plays all format of CDs including MP3 style. I still have the O.E.M. CD player since it rolled of the assembly line back in 03.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 AM

are you checking off the option " play on all normal cd players" and option " finalize disk no data can be added" to close the disk.........

Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by monte06ltz
i know some of my cds can take 30 to 60 seconds b4 they will play try that if you have not already or will see what other people say on the forum say if not call the a chevy dealer and see what they say im sure its something simple
When I put the CD in the display shows 'Track 1' but a couple seconds later it spits the disc out and the display tells me to check the CD.

Originally Posted by lougreen03
My monte and my venture both play burned cds. I use windows media player to make them and my latest batch of disc's are memorex. I have had trouble when the discs were colored before but lately they all work. I have also used nero to burn cds a few years ago because it came with the burner i bought.
I've tried Media Player, Nero, Express Burn, Winamp and a half dozen others on both CDR and CDRW discs manufactured by Sony, Memorex and HP.

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Odd i never had a single problem playing any burned CDs in Monte, it plays all format of CDs including MP3 style. I still have the O.E.M. CD player since it rolled of the assembly line back in 03.
Your factory unit plays MP3s? That's amazing. Mine won't. It does the same thing as when I try to play a burned CD in .cda format. It spits it out and tells me to check the CD.

Originally Posted by johnniep
are you checking off the option " play on all normal cd players" and option " finalize disk no data can be added" to close the disk.........
Yep, the disc is being burned as audio (not data), uncompressed wav, .cda format, 4X burn rate and the disc is being finalized when the burn is complete. They will play on all my computers, my home theatre system, portable CD players...just not in the Monte.

Quick Reply: Playing Burned CDs