Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Pioneer dash kit

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Smile Pioneer dash kit

Okay, so I've been watching videos for the past week and I'm getting ready to buy a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT for my 01 Monte SS. I learned quite a bit from forums and other things, but I'm stuck on the mounting. Actually, I have more than 1 question Okay,
1. I don't want giant gaps all over when I install it and have cords dangling and not match or any of that. Am I going to have to cut stuff and make my own or can I buy a kit to install?
2. I have the Onstar mirror and all that, but I don't use it. Is there a way I can hook that mic up instead of hooking up a new one?
3. I am going to buy a toggle switch for the DVD player so I can bypass it and I'm wondering how and what wires I use for it. The toggle switch isn't going to be a LED so it will only have 2 prongs (ACC and PWR) correct?
4... I don't think I have any other questions haha, but I need all the help possible. I want to do everything myself until I actually need help. Also, I'm not buying a sub or new amp (other than the factory one) until I get some more money, so I don't have to worry about all those cords and stuff until I buy the sub and amp, correct? I'm sorry haha I'm just trying to sort stuff out Thank you!