Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
that looks REALLY sweet. i'm glad to see it fits perfectly. that's similar to the one i want. do you have the adapters to make the steering wheel controls work, also the one that retains the door chimes/onstar?

i really want one similar to that but after all the adapters (i'm looking at like 5-7 of them depending on the unit i end up getting) i'm worried about it all fitting behind the unit.
I've got a AVH-p6800dvd in my 02 with the onstar box, the steering wheel control box, and a bypass for the video while driving and it gets a little cramped behind the unit. I had to cut out the plastic behind the unit so I had enough depth. But the onstar and steering control adapters fit beside the head unit. Theres a decent sized space between the right side of the head unit and the glove box to fit the adapters. Quite a bit of wiring though.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by zwc0442
Theres a decent sized space between the right side of the head unit and the glove box to fit the adapters. Quite a bit of wiring though.
LOL. I have an Alpine CDA 9886 and there is lots of wire i can only imagine what its like for those flipouts and the dvd screen ones

Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by zwc0442
I've got a AVH-p6800dvd in my 02 with the onstar box, the steering wheel control box, and a bypass for the video while driving and it gets a little cramped behind the unit. I had to cut out the plastic behind the unit so I had enough depth. But the onstar and steering control adapters fit beside the head unit. Theres a decent sized space between the right side of the head unit and the glove box to fit the adapters. Quite a bit of wiring though.
that's what i was afraid of. do you think an installer would be willing to cut pieces out to make stuff fit or would they refuse to install everything if it didn't fit properly?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 PM

If you don't want to do it yourself I would suggest staying away from the big name stores. Find one of the smaller stereo shops in your area. Go in and tell them what you want to do with your car and ask them if they would be willing to do it. If you use a fixed screen double din unit like the avic-f700 or the avh-p3100 I don't think any trimming should be necessary on the bezel around the head unit. The face does not have to fold out on those to put a cd in. But with my 6800 and the 4100 the screen folds out and will hit the bezel if it is not trimmed. And the trimming that needs to be done behind the unit is nothing major.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Just call me Dubs

yes there's quite a bit of room to the right of the radio I had no problem getting the adapter in and the radio only thing I had left to figure out was where I wanted to put my bypass switch.And let me tell you Pioneer tried hard to make it so u would have to wire it to the parking brake in order to get the dvd player to play.Before I had put a bypass switch on it I wired it the same way I did all my friends and anyone else with a pioneer radio connected the green to the black and then it would work.Not the 4100 it has to be wired to a power supply so I had to connect the red wire from the switch to the green and then ground the black and it worked.Only thing that was left was to find a good place to mount the switch.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by SolowSS
only thing I had left to figure out was where I wanted to put my bypass switch.And let me tell you Pioneer tried hard to make it so u would have to wire it to the parking brake in order to get the dvd player to play.Before I had put a bypass switch on it I wired it the same way I did all my friends and anyone else with a pioneer radio connected the green to the black and then it would work.

that's what i like about the Jensen that I want, there is a "hidden" setting where you can turn off the need to have the parking brake on to use the nav function.

as for the screen, it does tilt so i'll have to see if the bezel will need to be cut. i talked to one of my co-workers yesterday and he said he'll take a look at it and might be able to do it himself, and if not he directed me to a small audio shop that he and his father have been using for 25+ years. i gave him all the info on my car and the unit that i want as well as the adapters i think i'd need and he's going to take it to them to see what they say.

now, of course, i just have to come up with the money to buy it all....!!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Just call me Dubs

Good luck let us know how it goes.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM

may i ask what you used to trim the opening?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Default Thought I would add a few things

I recently installed a new Pioneer AVIC-90BT and it sure was tight. I had to take out all the plastic behind mine for it to fit, along with wire up the bluetooth mic, and run the GPS antenna, all which I show below. Another thing for you guys/girls that need info on he Pioneer AVIC units, if you dont knwo already, check out www.avic411.com Its a sweet site with forums, tips and tricks, hacks, mods and bypasses for a lot of the Pioneer units.

I have more pics here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332759/2

Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM

that came out real nice

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD