Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Just call me Dubs
Default Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

I finally got my Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD yesterday and waited until today to install it and let me say it's not that easy.I took the whole dash panel off to give me the room I needed to work.I prewired everything up inside the house so I wouldn't have to sit in the car and do it in the rain.I finally get everything the way I want it put it in the car and everything works great.So I try the dvd function and this message comes up on the screen that says something like it's illegal to view while driving which we all know.So I took it out and put a toggle switch on it and it worked.These new pioneer's aren't like the other models you can just connect the green wire to the ground and it works not this one it has be connected to a power supply.So I get all of it working put the dash panel back on and I run into another problem the screen won't slide down it's hitting the dash around the radio.I trimmed the top and bottom a bit to make it a little bigger and now it works fine.This is just what I went through anyone else that has this radio or is planning to get this radio you may or may not have the same problems I did but I just though I would share my experience.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Just call me Dubs

Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Just call me Dubs

Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Just call me Dubs

Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Just call me Dubs

Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Just call me Dubs

Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that looks REALLY sweet. i'm glad to see it fits perfectly. that's similar to the one i want. do you have the adapters to make the steering wheel controls work, also the one that retains the door chimes/onstar?

i really want one similar to that but after all the adapters (i'm looking at like 5-7 of them depending on the unit i end up getting) i'm worried about it all fitting behind the unit.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Just call me Dubs

There isn't a steering wheel control for this unit yet.As for the harness it's made by metra it's the GM0S-04 getting it installed is easy getting it to work properly is another thing.I bought it from the sound shop by my house and it was defective I was only getting sound from the front speakers I went back there and they swapped the module out and I had sound from the back but it didn't sound good it was kinda low. The front speakers where over powering.So I took that one out and made them give me a new unit wires and all and now it works properly so whenever u get your keep make sure it's not defective.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Now thats nice. I see how you had to massage it a bit in order for it to fit.

As far as the sound goes, some shops use cheap generic parts for repairs. The tech where i used to work at years ago, never got genuine parts. He only used the cheap, inexpensive ones and they never really worked.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

good to know, thanks solow. i don't plan on installing it myself anyway, i'll definitely be paying either a shop or someone reputable to do it, but i'll definitely test everything out to make sure it works right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD