Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Parking/Tail/Signal Light Problems... LEDs...

Old 09-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Default Parking/Tail/Signal Light Problems... LEDs...

Hey what's up guys? I recently ordered some LED bulbs for my 79, and installed them today. The ones I got are for the rear brake/turn signal/marker lights (1157), the front parking/turn signals (1157), and the back up lights (1156).

Everything worked perfectly before I installed them, and now I'm having all sorts of problems.
For example: when the brake is depressed, the front parking lights and the license plate lights come on. Also the turn signals don't work at all when the headlights/parking lights are on; and when there off the left signal stays solid and the right one makes all the parking lights light up. The other thing is that the climate control, and all the parking lights now flash with the blinkers...

I did check all the fuses and none of them were blown.

I know that LED bulbs take a lot less power than standard filiment bulbs, but I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. (I was thinking maybe a relay that isn't working due to not enough power)

I'm pretty much stumped here, so any help would be appreciated. [>:]

Old 09-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Default RE: Parking/Tail/Signal Light Problems... LEDs...

ok i got this off of a bord someplace but i know due to the lack of draw on the system when you change the tails and t signals out you have to make it draw more to get things to work right. So i hope this will help you .

It shows you how to short it acrossed a resistor to make them work correctly.

Good luck

Old 09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Default RE: Parking/Tail/Signal Light Problems... LEDs...

Ok I think I'll try that. Or, I've also read that you can change out the turn signal relay. Thanks for the help!