Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Painting the wood looking trim!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Black? Silver? White?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I painted mine black with a silver stripe down the center. Are your dash and door panels blue as well? If so I would paint it silver. I think that would look pretty cool.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by mrl390
I painted mine black with a silver stripe down the center. Are your dash and door panels blue as well? If so I would paint it silver. I think that would look pretty cool.
I just checked yours out, looks great!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Thanks Lisa.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Ok well money is running kinda tight right now and all i have is red and black paint. with what im going to do to the car i think black might look the best but is it an absolute must to put the Adhesion Promoter on there?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
yeah Matt its all blue. don't get me wrong blue is my favorite color but damn that just a little to much blue for me. Im going to be painting the car all black soon and changing the seats black and carpet also. so i was thinking just black the entire car out

Old 08-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by z34_98blue
Ok well money is running kinda tight right now and all i have is red and black paint. with what im going to do to the car i think black might look the best but is it an absolute must to put the Adhesion Promoter on there?
If you really must go without adhesion promoter, I would suggest sanding the hell out of it and painting when the plastic is full blown textured. If you build the paint up and sand it, it will probably adhere as well as without promoter, but you will use a lot of paint trying to get it smooth - ultimately you'll save no money since it will cost you more in paint to get it smooth. But rough plastic does adhere pretty good...

Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 PM

alright cool. thanks

Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by z34_98blue
yeah Matt its all blue. don't get me wrong blue is my favorite color but damn that just a little to much blue for me. Im going to be painting the car all black soon and changing the seats black and carpet also. so i was thinking just black the entire car out
if i were you i would leave the car blue 'caus its differant, then do a black interior. the carpet & doorpanels are the easyist, seats are kinda hard to come by for nice ones... but for the carpet when you do it just use black spray paint, mask off the heel pad and remove the carpet from the car, vacume it good, then dust it with 2-3 coats till its covered evenly. the rear window shelf can also be painted as well as the carpet at the bottem of the door panels. costs mabe $7 for paint + some time, and it'll break up the blue nice with the blacked out wood peices ( i would do a blue pinstripe along the edge of it too.)

i painted the carpet in the my black '96 and it looks great, gonna do my '97 soon.

then later on start searching the junkyards for a charcoal leather interior, or at least the seats or door panel inserts.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
if i were you i would leave the car blue 'caus its differant, then do a black interior. the carpet & doorpanels are the easyist, seats are kinda hard to come by for nice ones... but for the carpet when you do it just use black spray paint, mask off the heel pad and remove the carpet from the car, vacume it good, then dust it with 2-3 coats till its covered evenly. the rear window shelf can also be painted as well as the carpet at the bottem of the door panels. costs mabe $7 for paint + some time, and it'll break up the blue nice with the blacked out wood peices ( i would do a blue pinstripe along the edge of it too.)

i painted the carpet in the my black '96 and it looks great, gonna do my '97 soon.

then later on start searching the junkyards for a charcoal leather interior, or at least the seats or door panel inserts.
ok did i read this wrong or are you saying spray paint the carpets!?

Quick Reply: Painting the wood looking trim!