Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Default New Speakers

Ok, i have a 2006 Mone Carlo1 Lt. I am wanting to replace the old factory speakers in the doors and back deck, well, I have never seen high out put speakers wired up with 4 wires, And well, I do not have onstar anymore ad fankly I don't want it anymore or the XM, is there any ways I can just wire everything up and bypass my factory amp and install a new highs amp and still retain all of my factory stuff like all of my sounds and suff, This is really starting to bother me that my sound isn't as good as what I had in the car that I gave to my wife, To be honest, I don't think hers could get much better, Ok well if anybody can help me please do, and also I do plan on keeping my factory deck, as it is pretty good and I know that it wont skip from the bass ad I have done the palm test to see how sensitive it is, ok well thank you to anybody who ca help me.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Default RE: New Speakers

ok from what i understand you want to get new speakers for you MC and want to hook them up to an amp but control the amp with your stock deck

i went to best buy and they have a hook up there that allows you to control an amp with your stock deck. now a four channel amp would work perfectly for the new speakers. you will still have all your door chimes cause the stock deck is still hooked up.

if you want to bypass your factory amp just remove the power going to it or just don't hook up any speakers to it.

i hope this helps your original message was a little unclear to me.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:40 PM

When I put subs in a 2004 Jeep, we just went to walmart or custom sounds and got a "line in converter" Its really easy to install, and will work with your factory deck.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Well, What I am wanting to do it take out the factory speakers and replace them with new ones, well the factory speakers has 4 wires hooked up to them, I tried to hook up a set of tweeters o the factory ones for more sound but they wouldnt work no matter how I hooked them up, to me it just seems almost impossible to hook up new speakers to anything in these new cars, well thats what I am wanting to do but I dont want to run a LOC or better known as a step down, I am pretty much wanting to hook everything up and run it off of the factory deck to some amps, I know the amps will push out enough sound to where I wont have to turn the deck up that loud, but you see I have onstar and XM, but the subscriptions are run out, I don't want them, I have gotten along this far in life without them I don't need them, but I don't know which wires to splice into in the back of my deck to hook up new speakers and run new wire, ok well, I hope yall can understand this and I hope I was a little more clear, ok well thanks a ton.