Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

my sound system project on my 04' monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Photobucket

alpine PDC 1.1000

Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Photobucket

Got some work done, got the new dash kit, had to tinker with a few things, got a new key gasket for around my ignition, that was broke on the origonal install, along with the bracket for the 4 way button for my 4 ways, i glued that down.

mounting the cage onto the dash kit

heres the new gasket installed

heres the bracket being blued down

the glue

the main bracket installed

Deck wired up

Behind the dash kit showing the mess of wires

Deck tested and working

checking if the light works

Light Off

light on with dash installed

outside view of dash.

in the end the only realy modding i needed to do was grind down the face plate edges of the hole a little bit, had to take a file to that, and jsut used a marker to color it so you wouldn't see the silver of the aluminum.

Last edited by eviling; 08-05-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Photobucket

whelp i went with the diehard because i didnt feel like spending 50$ to ship a battery :| I got the largest size they had that would fit, was a 880 CCA, the stock batery was about 500 i think, so I should def be in the good if my 500 was just barley keeping ahead.

finily got to use that fused battery terminal. it was kind of a pain to get on, i basicly just tighten it all the way and taped it on and it seems to have a pretty decnet grip. you can also see i ran another line from my alt, a 4 gauge to my batterys terminal to help it charge the only thing i need to do still is run a chasey ground to the battery terminal thats larger than the 6 gauge thats running to, probably a 2 gauge or 1\0.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:34 PM

very clean

Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Photobucket

schools been keeping me from doing anything ive wanted to, but i'm looking at parts, looking to do a new deck with a back up cam and some fun stuff like that maybe finely get around to deadening my door panels lol. i'm such a lazy **** lately.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks nice. Keep up the good work

Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Looks good man!

One question, any one think I can fit a 8" mid on that mounting plate? I haven't taken my doors apart yet but really want to use my 8" mids, I'll mount tweeters else where.

Overall diameter of my mid is 8.25", depth is 3.75". I'll make a mdf mounting plate on top of the factory one for added clearance if someone can tell me if it'll fit

Old 12-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dezzyboi16
Looks good man!

One question, any one think I can fit a 8" mid on that mounting plate? I haven't taken my doors apart yet but really want to use my 8" mids, I'll mount tweeters else where.

Overall diameter of my mid is 8.25", depth is 3.75". I'll make a mdf mounting plate on top of the factory one for added clearance if someone can tell me if it'll fit
that wont fit without modification, the 6.5s are hard to make fit with the stock mounting plate, you could probably easily modify it though

Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
that wont fit without modification, the 6.5s are hard to make fit with the stock mounting plate, you could probably easily modify it though

What kind of modifications you thinking?

I could tell if I got started on my system myself but I haven't yet.

I thinking of doing away with the factory plate and making my own straight to the door, it was a picture somewhere on here that someone did to their door, anyone know?

Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Photobucket

yeah, you're going to have to mod it, but 8's will EASILY fit in these doors. I woudln't use stock bafels anyways, ive been meaning to build some for my car for months, lol but just never got around to it. should of done it with the install use a hardwood, or a synthedic sound dampended material i know there are some out there. personaly some standard MDF is plenty secure to do something.

the modding you're going to be doing will be cutting some sheet metal out of the doors opening, i don't think the window struts get in the way in these door panels. should be plenty of room. i know in smaller cars you have to move the window struts, but these are plenty large.

Quick Reply: my sound system project on my 04' monte