Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

kenwood ddx419 install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
I have a Kenwood DDX514...

So they thought of it, once you hit a certain level of their products.

As you can see here, there is an AV in and AV out.... this is how I have a reverse camera also...

With the 419 you can see there is also video in, one for the reverse camera and one for standard video and then also a video out, if you were extend to other monitors.

So it looks like Kenwood thought of just about everything for these units, which is why they're my favorite headunit brand.

EDIT:

This adapter can be used to retain steering wheel buttons and can be used as the wiring harness.

GMOS-100 GM Factory Integration Adapter Retains satellite radio, OnStar, Bluetooth, backup camera, rear-seat DVD, warning chimes, and steering wheel controls in 2000-up GM vehicles at Crutchfield.com

I would advise just getting the separate harnesses, you'll save some cash too.
snazzy. i really would never expect to see that at a best buy but i guess it makes sense if it has a screen. pioner premier ftw though

Old 08-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Holy crap Trewyn, that's insanely nice. How much do all these gadgets run for, guys?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Holy crap Trewyn, that's insanely nice. How much do all these gadgets run for, guys?
the last time i spent money on this stuff, my last system which got stolen, i paid over 800 dollars

Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BakedOutCarLo420
snazzy. i really would never expect to see that at a best buy but i guess it makes sense if it has a screen. pioner premier ftw though
Yeah, Best Buy carries fine brands, they just go to crap when they have their guys install them. Kenwood, Alpine and Kicker are all great brands, Best Buy install guys just don't know what they're doing 95% of the time and that's when things get bad.

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
I don't like to post how much I spend really, just a personal thing, I feel like it's bragging or boasting and I'm not a huge fan of that.

I did get my headunit used from Josh (Jawsweaver i think?) he's a member here but he recently got a Chrysler 300. One thing to realize is that a $500-700 headunit can easily go for $200-300 online used. Unless you go very new, there isn't a whole lot that has changed with headunits in the last 4-5 years, think like 2006-2010 or so, they've stayed somewhat similar, the real big upgrades are getting into HD and Blu-Ray

Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=trewyn15;485258]Yeah, Best Buy carries fine brands, they just go to crap when they have their guys install them. Kenwood, Alpine and Kicker are all great brands, Best Buy install guys just don't know what they're doing 95% of the time and that's when things get bad.

yeah makes sense, i never eff with best buy never will... like you said, i go online

Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member

yeah makes sense, i never eff with best buy never will... like you said, i go online
Same here unless I need something right away, I'll buy at Best Buy but never get close to the install bay. You can always buy online later and return the new one that you haven't used to Best Buy (if that makes sense)

Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
1 Year Member

Ended up getting the dnx5160 its an older model but has built in nav which I wanted its about the same just older.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member

Sweet you'll still he good with the harnesses that I posted :thumbs-up:

Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Same here unless I need something right away, I'll buy at Best Buy but never get close to the install bay. You can always buy online later and return the new one that you haven't used to Best Buy (if that makes sense)
i dont mean bestbuy.com i mean i go online find the deals and watch my friends go pay 500 more for the same stuff. lol.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member

i dont mean bestbuy.com i mean i go online find the deals and watch my friends go pay 500 more for the same stuff. lol.
I realize that, I'm saying if I have to go to Best Buy to get something I need right now, I can always run to ebay, buy that same item new and take the one from ebay back to Best Buy with my Best buy receipt.

But that's completely irrelevant to this thread lol

Quick Reply: kenwood ddx419 install?