Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

installing a radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Default installing a radio

hi guys in need some assists installing a radio into a 95 monte i need to know how 2 take out the dashboard and if i need a installation kit and wha else. so please help me on this issue i thank you so much bye peace out guys

Old 05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Default RE: installing a radio

ok, u are gonna need an installation kit and a wiring harness for it. It makes installation a Breeze. Ill see if i can dig u up an Installation guide to the radio

Old 05-02-2005, 02:06 PM

now this is my area of expertise right here. you are going to need a dash kit for a 95 mc and then you are going to need the wiring harness from the radio to the car. thsi will include speakers ground power and acc on it. you need to make sure that you have a radio that will fi in the area depth wise, but for the most part you should be fine. if you wold like i can find out how much we sell them for here and let you know and you can compare my price to whatever price you find out where you are.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM

ok thanks but i also need 2 know how to undo the dashboard is it one piece 2,3,4,. how many pieces and screws r there. where r they srews located in the car 2 take apart inorder to install the radio

Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 AM

can someone help me with this please

Old 05-05-2005, 11:15 AM

I can not speak on the 95, but I can give you some basics that cover just about anything newer these days regarding dash removal.

Most parts pop in an out using clips. The golden rule here is go slow, look around all edges of the molding for screws. If there are no visible screws hanging parts of the molding your trying to remove it's a pop off part held on by a clip.

I like to use a long flat head screw driver to feel my way around areas of molding that seem to be stuck and find a leverage point close to the clip.

Hope this gives you an idea or two.

TVW

Old 06-12-2005, 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: montecarlo1995

hi guys in need some assists installing a radio into a 95 monte i need to know how 2 take out the dashboard and if i need a installation kit and wha else. so please help me on this issue i thank you so much bye peace out guys
Sup man, You are going to need a dash kit, which is just a plastic like....frame.. so that your new deck fits in the stock mount. you are going to need a new antenna plug because good ol' GM is the only one that makes the stock antenna plug a different size than everyone else. you might need a new wiring harness because again. GMs stock decks are completely different from everyone elses. Other than that that should be all you need, unless you plan on putting in subs or something. then your going to need the whole install kit for those too.

And as far as removing the dash, just crawl on the ground and poke around a little bit, you should be able to find some screw to take out. You know that little cubby thingy right under the deck? just yank that thing out and there shoukd be something in there too. Let me know if you have any other questions.