Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Installing Neon Underbody

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL
Default Installing Neon Underbody

Hi all...

I recently acquired my new neon underbody lights in the ever so famous neon blue lol...

I was wondering on how to mount them on the car...I know how to wire them up and everything but as far as mounting the tubes....

The sides are self explanatory but the front and the rear tubes where should they be placed anyone have ideas or from those that have front and rear ones on already!!!

Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM

My front bulb is mounted just behind that plastic lip that hangs down (the one that everybody always scrapes on parking blocks). I set it back a bit though so it would shine up front more- but I couldn't find a place in front of that that didn't show the bulb when looking from the front of the car (and I hate being able to see the bulb).

My rear is just tucked up behind the spare tire well- I want to say I attached it between the two bumper supports- maybe I've got one screw into the spare tire well to support the center, but I don't remember.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 AM

I don't know how to do an underbody kit, but best of luck! You should definitely post a How-To thread after you finish it!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
My front bulb is mounted just behind that plastic lip that hangs down (the one that everybody always scrapes on parking blocks). I set it back a bit though so it would shine up front more- but I couldn't find a place in front of that that didn't show the bulb when looking from the front of the car (and I hate being able to see the bulb).

My rear is just tucked up behind the spare tire well- I want to say I attached it between the two bumper supports- maybe I've got one screw into the spare tire well to support the center, but I don't remember.
Thanks...im Looking at the underbody of the car tomorrow to see for placement

Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 PM

Hey there. I'm going to post pics of my setup. I have 2
kits I installed. Total of eight strips. I purchased the strip style led kit from plasmaglow.com. The thin strips and lite weight make it possible to mount them anywhere. Low power too so Im not forced to use a large dinky control box and use my own switches. For the front I mounted the strips on the radiator air ducts, or like bumpin96monte said "the part that everyone always hits" and for the rear I used the metal bumper behind the bumper cover. Sides are easy like you said. I'll get some pics up