Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

idea....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Default idea....

hey everyone....i know its been a while.....but i have an idea....

i want to keep my monte's interior looking stock......is it possible to keep my factory radio intact and working while using an aftermarket radio in the glove compartment??? i would like that

Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Default RE: idea....

i guess no one likes my idea....

Old 07-17-2007, 03:11 PM

[align=center]Hi `Dale,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm still contemplating `it, I'll sleep on it again tonight.[/align][align=center]No, I work nights. I will give it some more thought : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Are you considering a remote type/system ?[/align][align=center]Or would you have to open the glove box to change[/align][align=center]stations/CD/MP3 ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'd consider just adding an amp/speakers, maybe ?[/align][align=center]but, really what does a SpaceKid know![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let us know what you are going to do...`ok.[/align][align=center]Take pic's `if you do.[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM

I know lots of owners of antique/classic cars put CD changers and stuff in the trunk to keep the factory radio or in some cases lack of a radio in tact in the dash.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM

from what ive heard....im not going to get GREAT sound without changing out the factory head unit....is this true? if not, i will just get new speakers and amp.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM

i hooked up a stereo on my friends stock radio in his ranger and it sounded great i cant tell a big difference if any difference between using a stock stereo and an aftermarket....if you want to keep your stock radio your best bet would be to just buy subs and an amp

Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

jl audio just came out with something for stock radios. It is soposed to eliminate the need for a high low convertor and all this other stuff i didn't really read cuz i found it after i changed my radio out. it's on their website. www.jlaudio.com under mobile audio

Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 PM

sounds like it could be great! ill look more into it.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 AM

the stock units sound good but remember if u swap the factory speakers are pretty much made for the factory head unit. they will sound better with a new driver but will also blow easier because of the added power. your idea is very possible but if you're gonna go out go all out

Old 07-19-2007, 12:47 PM

You can got to the junk yard and find a Monte with the Prem. sound system in it
Take the amp ect out of if along with the factory head unit and should have a great sound system

I have the prem sound system in my LTZ and I love it. But I am not a person that plays my radio that
load cause I like to hear what is going on around me while im driving,

Quick Reply: idea....