Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HU and speaker replacement HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Default RE: HU and speaker replacement HELP!!

nice work. How do you like the nav on DVD instead of the real time stuff?

I have fallen in love with mine agian.

we were watching the blue man group in there today and it poped up to tell me to turn MAN IS IT NICE!! LOL

oh and for those that never have heard of the blue man group if you like music they are garunteed not to disapoint !!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:24 PM

I love the nav but it has 1 dvd and 1 cd slot so it is nav or watch a dvd not both I wish I had got one with the HD in it maybe someday

Old 09-04-2006, 07:14 PM

yeah i hear ya i do like that feture with mine. it is a seprate unit, the nav system disk is loaded then remeberd and then you can pull it out and watch your shows to .

But you can only see one at a time unless you have a spereat source fo rit

Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 AM

mickey what unit do you have

Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 AM

pioneer avic 3

somethign like that. It was the best i have ever thing i ever did . But i did add the screen in the head rest also for the kids.

and i think it was the hardest mod i had to do. could not bring my self to cut the leather LOL Wife did it for me.

then i tore the stuffin out an dfited the screens in it etc.

but we no longer here ARE WE THERE YET?
now it is CAN WE SEE ANOTHER MOVIE?!!!!!!!

so much nicer knowing that you have at leat a 1 hour break inbetween each time they ask lol

Old 09-15-2006, 02:29 PM

sorry for jacking a thread but im preparing to redo my system too...i have a 2000 SS with the premium sound...would i have the external tweeters in the door? if so what size? 3/4, 1"? any help is appreciated

Doc

Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 PM

mickey and rrobert05, I have a suggestion for both of you since you both have units where the navigation dvd is seperate. I know for the AVIC N3 (mickey's unit) the navigation unit it fairly expensive, like $150 for the disc, rrobert05, I dont know how much they are for eclipse, but probabally not cheap. I was going to buy the N3, and a guy at a shop told me the best thing to do with that unit because of the dvd navi, is buy a external dvd player for it, and keep it in the trunk or glove box, and keep the navi disc in there all the time, that way you dont risk it getting scratched. It is just a suggestion, thought I would bring it up. BTW, nice head units.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My '01 Monte SS LE had a Pioneer system and speakers, 6x9 and 6.5, and a JL Audio amp and 12".
I had EVERYTHING working like it should. It takes 4 things:
1. Onstar module to connect.
2. Steering wheel control module for control.
3. Romote mount cable put your factory radio in your trunk.
4. A switch to switch between the factory radio and the aftermarket head.
I had to flip the switch to access the car's computer thru the factory deck, just it's in the trunk.
Don't ask me how to wire it, because I had it professionally done.
It had a 1.5 DIN slot mount
My '04 Intimidator is almos5t the same, but more.
This has a new 2 DIN slot mount, and a trans' temp' gauge and a voltmeter are going in the bottom slot in a custon CNC'd gauge panel.
I also am using a second Optima battery mounted in the trunk, with a battery isolater to keep it seperate. This will let me turn it on with the car parked.
This is all in an electrical rack in the right side of the trunk. Isolator will be under the hood.
Hope this helps.
RocknMonteSS

Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 PM

quick question.... how do i know if i have a bose system in my car? I dont want to buy the wrong wiring harness if i dint even have bose. peace.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:45 AM

i kept my factory head unit in and just added a line out converter to my preamp in the trunk. simply because the modules for my 02 SS are sky high, like $200 total for the onstar and the steering wheel controls. not to mention having to pay for another CD deck. but if aftermarket is your thing, make sure you get one with a seperate sub control.....it's well worth it. i'm pretty satisfied with the sound, i have my bass as low as possible and it quakes still. the only way i can turn the bass down further is by fadin my sound to the front (my signal is coming from my rear speakers) about 2 notches away from full fade....i do that for my son, loud music and children...a no no! you'd save a lot of money by keepin factory, and myabe adding an eq. my next step is a rear view camera, so i can see how sour haters' faces get when i drive off in that cranberry chevy!