Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Heated seats out and racing seats in

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

You would be fine without the rear seat. It has no real structural integrity.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 PM

ok thanks dude...now i just gotta figure out how to take it out...and how to take out the front seats haha...i will probably have a party in my car when all the seats are out lol...that would be epicly fun

Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

^^^ Got your PM. Im interested in them but im not totally sure I could afford them and im sure shipping would be a fortune.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 PM

y didnt u just PM me back lol...and yeah dude, if i do sell them...i wont ship them...either whoever buys them pays for shipping too...or if we are within like 5 hrs of eachother we can arrange a halfway point, and you could pay me like $50 instead of probably $250 or more...but it depends

Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 PM

racing experienceYou've got to hold your head high. Confidence is big. It's just a matter of knowing what you're there to do, and doing it.”-- LANDON CASSILL
is cobb done because of this?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey nice touch the Racing seats. I installed Sparco 'Milano" racing seats in my car, don't miss the OEM heated seats. I actually like the lowered sitting position I have now, much more head room for me. If you are taller and have a sunroof you know what I mean. The seats remove very easy. Remove the 1 bolt at the left and right of each rear seat leg. Lift up on the seat back and the 2 front legs will slip out and away from the cars body. The front legs are like a flattened metal and slip into slots in the floor pan. I removed the OEM seat bracket bottoms and with little fabrication attached the Sparco seats to them and now they mount just as safe and easy as the factory seats. I also did a back seat delete and did as you propose. installed a subwoofer and amps there. You will need to fabricate some type of wall to seal off the trunk compartment from the passenger side. But it's easy. Used some mid-gauge sheet metal, drilled a few holes, pinned it into palce, added some Dynamat soundproofing, ran the audio equipment, built a false floor to level off the uneven floor the removed seat will reveal. Added a carpet kit to finish things off and now I'm rolling in style. You can do it how ever you wish, but it would be a nice addition with race seats , new harnesses, more head room and some new tunes. hell you will fall in love all over again with your Monte!!!

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:59 AM

Im doing a racing seat install on my 01 SS. Did anyone have to deal with the airbag in the driver seat? Im trying to find a way to keep my front airbags operational and have not seen anything yet on how to do it.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte01_ss
Im doing a racing seat install on my 01 SS. Did anyone have to deal with the airbag in the driver seat? Im trying to find a way to keep my front airbags operational and have not seen anything yet on how to do it.
No help from me here. Mine are disconnected as they plug in to the OEM seats on my O2......... I will ask my mechanic if perhaps he would know how to provide you with a work around solution.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
No help from me here. Mine are disconnected as they plug in to the OEM seats on my O2......... I will ask my mechanic if perhaps he would know how to provide you with a work around solution.

Thats where im at, my OEM driver seat had the airbag. Since I replaced them with the racing seats the light is on. I thought about just disconnecting them all. I do know that chevy made these cars without the airbag in the seat. they just had just the dash and steering wheel airbags. The module for those cars is different from ours. I was wondering if I swapped modules if it would just read the dash and steering wheel. Could you mention this to your mechanic please, he might know something about it. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte01_ss
Thats where im at, my OEM driver seat had the airbag. Since I replaced them with the racing seats the light is on. I thought about just disconnecting them all. I do know that chevy made these cars without the airbag in the seat. they just had just the dash and steering wheel airbags. The module for those cars is different from ours. I was wondering if I swapped modules if it would just read the dash and steering wheel. Could you mention this to your mechanic please, he might know something about it. Thanks for the help.
Hello again, okay so here is my mechanic Matt's take on this Airbag module issue. He said he dont think a module swap will do any good as the modules are VIN specific, something GM does. The 07 Monte SS he is presently working on needed to have a Airbag disconnect switch installed to permit the dashes Airbag light to stop lighting. Says you have about a 15 page form to fill out with Federal DOT to be granted permission to install this switch. So that is the "Work Around" solution. My Airbag light is always on and I just let it stay on, one gets used to it. Hope this gives you a direction to go...... Post pics with your seats in I want to see them, bet they look great!!

Quick Reply: Heated seats out and racing seats in