Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Headlamp Switch Modification Project

Old 01-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Default Headlamp Switch Modification Project

Hello All,

I'm looking to see if I can get some help here. So I want to put a headlamp switch from a 2007 Monte Carlo into my 1972 Monte Carlo. I know it's a wide hope to get it done but I'm checking to see if anyone have any suggestions to assist me with this. I have the Wiring diagrams from the Haynes manual for both cars both I can't get the 2007 Headlamp switch to power up.

Thanks,

Rodney

Old 01-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Rodney.

I commend you for taking on this challenge, but I think your up against a good one.
I'm no auto electric expert, but you have to consider the technology gap. Specifically, trying to interface a system from an old technology car that has no BCM with components from one that does. The headlight dimmer switch from the '07 is built into the Multi-function switch which is partially interfaced with the BCM and a relay. Not sure how your 'gonna get that switch to work without a BCM. Maybe someone else here can give more insight on how to reconfigure the wiring to make it work.

I know you already have a schematic, but here's a couple for the '00 SS which should be very similar:

Attached Thumbnails Headlamp Switch Modification Project-headlights-control.jpg   Headlamp Switch Modification Project-headlight-power-distribution.jpg  

Last edited by plumbob; 01-19-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added schematics

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.