Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Front seat removal...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Default Front seat removal...

Forgive me if this had been covered. (did not find anything in search). I'm looking to take my seats out so I can do some detail cleaning. The mutt goes everywhere with me and over the last six years I'm pretty sure I have a furball the size of my labrador hiding under there.

It's obvious how to get the back part off, but the front is not so obvious.

I have electric heated seats, so obviously that's a concern and I will unhook the battery first and be careful with wiring. I don't really have to remove them all the way, just want to move them out of the way a bit.

Thanks.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

there should be a harness under the seat for the heated seats, and to remove the seats there should be like 4 or 8 bolts holding the brackets to the floor? i think thats it

Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM

These pics should show you I really do have a lot of dog hair in my car, heh.

This pic is the back, and it's a no brainer how to do it.

But the front is a completely round "bolt" that goes through the sliding track and has the exact same round "bolt" on the other side. A socket or wrench isn't going to do anything with this.

I can't see any other bolt in the front so I'm baffled.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Those look VERY similar to mine... On the front of mine, there isnt a bolt at all. It is a "hook" that you should be able to get out by tilting the seat forward once you have the rear bolt removed. Once the seat is tilted forward, you should be able to lift up the front portion of the seat and it should come loose. Once you are able too see the bottom, you can easily remove the harness. Good luck. Give Fido a milkbone.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

ohh, im sorry, i never really looked that hard, i think i know what it is now, i just dont know how to explain it ha

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Those look VERY similar to mine... On the front of mine, there isnt a bolt at all. It is a "hook" that you should be able to get out by tilting the seat forward once you have the rear bolt removed. Once the seat is tilted forward, you should be able to lift up the front portion of the seat and it should come loose. Once you are able too see the bottom, you can easily remove the harness. Good luck. Give Fido a milkbone.
I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying. When the tracks on the seat are at an angle it would slip into place and when you put the seat down it locks it in, especially after you tighten the back bolt. Right?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:22 AM

Finally had time to try this out. You indeed take out the back bolts, pull up on the seat from the back, and then pull it toward the back. Comes right on out after undoing the one harness. Very easy.

Only my dog wasn't as impressed...

Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Do you just reverse the steps to re install

Old 09-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by allprorock
Finally had time to try this out. You indeed take out the back bolts, pull up on the seat from the back, and then pull it toward the back. Comes right on out after undoing the one harness. Very easy.

Only my dog wasn't as impressed...

very cool, dog not impressed I like it...

Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Do you just reverse the steps to re install
Pretty much. It's a [little] bit harder than removing them. Only because you have to get the male part into the female part (giggidy) and it is slightly awkward. If you had a helper it would make it easier but can definitely be done by yourself.

Put this...

into this...

Make sure it's as forward as it can go and your back and your holes will line up in the back.

And my dog found his seat and was happy again...

Quick Reply: Front seat removal...