Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Front door speaker size

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM

that'll work. perosnaly I use the same decopling stuff they use to decouple duct's in buildings. works quite nicley, but idk how that might work. the stock decoubling and baffle is plenty stirdy, i ran them for a year and a half before i built my own, and building them adds more resonence then the stock ones have, plus these block watter off the engine.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Let's keep this thread clean guys. No need to jump down people's throats. We are a family who helps each other, not criticizes.

Personally, I know nothing about car audio, I wish I could help you.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What are you using to seal the front baffle to the door to keep water from coming in? That OEM stuff is falling apart off the baffle and it leaks.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I brought the front speaker baffle to an audio shop. What I found is the 6.5" speakers with the 4 prongs for the screws fit perfect. I had tried out some 6.5" Alpines like this:

The 6.5" speakers that didn't fit were too large and the screw holes didn't line up. Something like this:

Old 12-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine are 6.5. The 6.5's are too big for the mounting holes in the original mounting plate, but you can make them fit and fill the holes with modeling clay so it's sealed

Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Yes there are diffident styles of 6.5" as posted in post #14. I had 6.5" JL Audio c2 evolution speakers and they looked like the 2nd pic in post #14. Just a little modification and mounting in the baffle and it was fine. But the speakers that look like the 1st pic in post #14 will fit fine with no modification

Old 12-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Yes there are diffident styles of 6.5" as posted in post #14. I had 6.5" JL Audio c2 evolution speakers and they looked like the 2nd pic in post #14. Just a little modification and mounting in the baffle and it was fine. But the speakers that look like the 1st pic in post #14 will fit fine with no modification
I'm going to go with the 6.5" speakers that have the four prongs. That way I don't have to mod anything. The bad thing is it limits your speaker choices. But I was planning on going with an Alpine headunit and maybe an Alpine amp. Haven't decided yet on the amp. So, I could at least go with the Alpine 6.5" speakers for the front doors since they fit.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:08 PM

i have alpine door speakers so i guess thats why they fit. its nice to know that there is 2 different styles! . but you for sure wont be dissapointed with all alpine equipment!

Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boxman420
i have alpine door speakers so i guess thats why they fit. its nice to know that there is 2 different styles! . but you for sure wont be dissapointed with all alpine equipment!
I have another vehicle that the previous owner put in an Alpine headunit and some aftermarket speakers. He used real small Memphis speakers as the car used small speakers in the baffle. The speakers run off the headunit.

But I upgraded to larger Alpine speakers. And I noticed the sound is real bright. But I guess that might could be because Alpine might expect you to use a sub for bass or something.

I'm only going with 6.5" in the front and 6x9" in the rear for now. I may add a sub later on. But I'll get an Alpine head unit that has 3 sets of 4V preamps out just incase I run a sub later. I'd probably go ahead and run the sub RCA cable to the rear so I don't have to worry about that part later on if I add a sub.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsmith
I have another vehicle that the previous owner put in an Alpine headunit and some aftermarket speakers. He used real small Memphis speakers as the car used small speakers in the baffle. The speakers run off the headunit.

But I upgraded to larger Alpine speakers. And I noticed the sound is real bright. But I guess that might could be because Alpine might expect you to use a sub for bass or something.

I'm only going with 6.5" in the front and 6x9" in the rear for now. I may add a sub later on. But I'll get an Alpine head unit that has 3 sets of 4V preamps out just incase I run a sub later. I'd probably go ahead and run the sub RCA cable to the rear so I don't have to worry about that part later on if I add a sub.
i have noticed that too. the speakers dont give out a whole lot of bass. but since i have 2 12s it didnt matter to me. i have type S 6x9 and 6.5s on the F300 and it sounds great! but i would do the type R components.

Quick Reply: Front door speaker size