Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Footwell LED Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Default Interior LED Lights

Hey guys, I am looking to get an LED to go in my Monte. I was thinking 2 at the foot level in the front and then 1 underneath each the seats so that it lights up the backseat floor area as well. I am aiming low because I do not want it to bother anyone riding in my vehicle, for the same reason I am looking for some Dark red LED's, not bright red. I haven't worked with the electronic side of things on a car before so something that is easy to install without messing with too much wiring.

Any ideas and what I should go with? If you have a better position in the car for it for an awesome interior look I would love to hear it!

Thanks again
Cody

Last edited by Jethro; 03-15-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I replace the lights under the das with red LED Pods from e-bay you can't see them unless ther are on (i repoved the stock bulbs)

I also use a 3 inch red LED strip under the radio to light up the cubby and map pockets in the door & changed the door light to red rather than blue
Also I drilled a very small hole behing the inside door handles and inserted a single red LED bulb withed to the door panel lights this makes i look like the newwer luxury cars for sure

Last edited by Tadcaster; 03-15-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 AM

The door panel and under radio cubby is pretty awesome I did not think of that. I was considering getting this kit - LEDGlow - because you can adjust the brightness and also can make it go to the sound of your music. Apparently it has a microphone in the box. What do you think?

Also, back to the radio cubby and door panel, where did you get the 3in strip for it and where did you get your bulb for the door panel? Were they difficult to install? How did you do it?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jethro
The door panel and under radio cubby is pretty awesome I did not think of that. I was considering getting this kit - LEDGlow - because you can adjust the brightness and also can make it go to the sound of your music. Apparently it has a microphone in the box. What do you think?

Also, back to the radio cubby and door panel, where did you get the 3in strip for it and where did you get your bulb for the door panel? Were they difficult to install? How did you do it?

If you hook your light up to the right lead they will adjust to brightness with your dash light adjustment ****. I got the LED bulbs a radio shack and the LED strips from plasma glow.

these link may be of interest to you
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...ictures-29652/

At any rate the door panels need to come off - Locate your wiring to your door panel switch lights you willl hook into them I drilled a small hole behind the inside dooor handle well and pushed the LED light in (hole sligthly smaller than light) same for map well light strip just a small hole with a punch and pullded the strip wire through attached the strip to the map well wall wire to your door panel lifghts and they will dim with your dash light adjustment

Last edited by Tadcaster; 03-15-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 AM

Well I always have my dash light **** adjusted to brightest so I wouldn't want them connected that way. How do you connect up a single LED Bulb like you did in your door panel? Never done it before so I am not sure.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jethro
Well I always have my dash light **** adjusted to brightest so I wouldn't want them connected that way. How do you connect up a single LED Bulb like you did in your door panel? Never done it before so I am not sure.

our posts crossed in the mail see my post before youres

Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year

I just replaced all of my interior lighting with white led bulbs from eBay, its Really Really nice and bright now. I replaced the 2 by foot area, the 2 in the rear view mirror and the dome light as well

Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
I just replaced all of my interior lighting with white led bulbs from eBay, its Really Really nice and bright now. I replaced the 2 by foot area, the 2 in the rear view mirror and the dome light as well
Yeah I am going to replace the rear view mirror 2 bulbs with LED for light and the dome with LED, but I would like red LED on bottom and would like them to be on while I drive, but don't really want to drive around with the Dome lights on 24/7. Doesn't the drain the battery rather quickly? If I need to look in my car a Dark Red light wouldn't be doing me much good so I was going to stick with my LED Lights in dome and mirror and try to get strips that aren't intertwined with that.

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
our posts crossed in the mail see my post before youres
I swear that you edited that post - that explanation wasn't there before! At any rate, yeah I have read that whole thread, wasn't a fan of the duct taping and what not or sticking it in with another 12v fuse. Don't want to blow anything. Then again my cigarette lighter doesn't even work haha. I will definitely try that individual bulb in the door panel though! It looks pretty sweet!

My other only problem is that I have tan leather and not black, think the red will look weird with it? I don't really think will matter at night in the dark but who knows until I try right?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member

Ya know my wife has tan in her 2012 Buick and her blue accent lights look really neat in it ..... Consider blue?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 AM

Well my car color is Dark Torreador Red (Maroonish) So I figured that the lower lit red ones would look better overall. Don't you think opening the door to see blue would be kind of weird looking in it?

Quick Reply: Footwell LED Lights