Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

fiberglass dash bezel

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:07 AM
Default fiberglass dash bezel

alright guys im making a shopping list to go pick up some fiberglass stuff today,hopefully I can have it all ready by Monday,this is my first time to work with fiberglass so im doing a small job

my dash bezel is all cracked up so im going to make a new one using the old piece,i want to redesign it some to make it unique but im not sure how its going to work,il have pics up in a few days

Old 05-17-2015, 07:37 PM

I just carved a 3D type chevy bow tie out of some thick Styrofoam im going to mold into the dash were the flasher switch is

I have to find a place to relocate that now,probably somewhere hidden

as for the dash I have the fleece fabric stretched and glued down and ready for resin and fiberglass tomorrow,it looks like complete S**T,it was hard to lay it down without it getting wrinkles around the corners and I didn't cut it wide enough to wrap inside were the gauges go so I had to cut a few more piece and glue it down,i don't think it should pull up from the plastic but we shall see tomorrow,i see tons of body filler in the near future for this project haha