Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

factory speaker question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default factory speaker question...

hey, just curius about the door and rear speakers, if I was to direct wire them to my aftermarket deck, am I able to wire them directly or would I be needing a crossover? I was told the back ones had them built in, but the doors I would need one for each. :S

Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Default RE: factory speaker question...

Hey `Mike, I don't have the answer for you, but I have a
suggestion. Click below MCF Search Link and type in
Speaker's (Or question), and you will get several member's post on the subject.
or, wait for a member with the answer to post it.
Hope it gives you another avenue to search : )
[:-]Click `it : )
[:-]
~Peace~
`Space

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: vita

hey, just curius about the door and rear speakers, if I was to direct wire them to my aftermarket deck, am I able to wire them directly or would I be needing a crossover? I was told the back ones had them built in, but the doors I would need one for each. :S
What deck do you have? Do you have subs?

The only reason I'd say yes you should get a crossover is if you have subs and your interior speakers are being powered by an amp too. If not, a crossover is not needed. But if you do have subs and you run your interior speakers full range then you'll get distortion because you'll likely crank the volume so that your mids/highs aren't drowned out by your subs. Most decks nowadays have built in crossovers anyway, does yours not?

To sum it up, no crossover is needed if you're just running interior speakers off your head unit and don't have subs. If you do have subs, I'd tell you to get an amp for your mids/highs before I'd tell you to buy a crossover.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM

does anyone know what the rms is on the stock speakers. i was going to replace mine but after i saw what they looked like they look pretty good. they both looked like 3way speakers. i was just going to add them to an aftermarket amp with a pre-amp that has a crossover bulit in just dont want to blow them out if my amo is to big