Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Double Din Touchscreen Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Default Double Din Touchscreen Installed...

Finally Got it done guys..... lemme know whay you think..
Its a Clarion Max675vd2...

Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Double Din Touchscreen Installed...

Very nice

Old 03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow! That looks cool!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM

very nice dude.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM

looks good

Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 AM

thanks guys appreciate the love....

I do have a Question tho , someone with more experience with a Monte may be able to help me out....

I did all this install work myself.... with that said I have been installing aftermarket head units for years and NEVER had i ran across this problem.....
The wiring harness inside my dash does not have an accessory wire!?!?...at first i just thought it was the harness for the radio that I bought so what i did to test this theory:
I took a voltage tester to each pin in the car's wiring harness with and without the accessory on....
AND none of these wires have 12 volts ONLY when the key is in ACC/ON....(i eventually tried each and every wire in the dash)
to temporarily get around the problem I have it getting constant power and just have to remeber to turn my unit off before exiting the car...The reason this does not make since is the fact that the STOCK unit did get power when the car was in ACC....

Anyone else have this problem? And what did you do to fix it ?
only thing me and a buddy thought of was wiring it directly through the fuse box, but thats a lot of trouble just for the car to turn my unit on/off for me

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 PM

how did u get the factory headunit out?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 AM

well if you have never taken apart an entire dash before it can be a little difficult....really only because you will think that you are going to break it..

First you have to take out the main piece of the dash (Starts at the fuse box on your driver side and ends at the glove box)
I found this easier with the car all the way in 1st gear...to get the shifter out of the way (B careful tho)there are a few screws holding it in place but mostly little clip on brackets that you just have to remove with some force (this is where you might think you have broken your dash , lol)
Then you will see the three screws holding the factory unit in place....now with a double din unit u will only need a simple install kit that will bracket on to each side of the unit to create basically a replica of what you just took out.....only a LOT nicer....

with a single din unit its still pretty easy after u get the dash out ........with the right install kit you just bracket it in the same way except that it will "fill" the space with either a tiny cubby hole above or below the unit or Some will place the single din in the middle and have a black faceplate that fills in the rest.....

I would def recomend the double din unit tho......looks nicer and more "factory" in that it looks like the cd player was made spefically for the car....

Have Fun....and if you can help me out with my little wiring problem once you get everything done.....that would be AWESOME!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:32 AM

yeah im installing a double din also, does the dash get in the way at all when u open the face? to like insert a cd? cause i know it covers the factory stereos edges

Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 AM

it doesnt on mine at all......I have also had a pioneer AVIC D2 installed in the same car and no interference there either
I will try to post some pics tommorow that might help you out bcuz I have to rip mine apart and fix the little problem that i had bcuz turns out my batt is dead now.....
somehow the radio is still pulling power even with me turning it off....[&o]

Quick Reply: Double Din Touchscreen Installed...