Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Does your system have a second battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Default Does your system have a second battery

Does your system have a second battery. And if so, how do you have it setup (pics) ?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Does your system have a second battery

I dony have one currently, but I plan on getting one with my second amp... it will have 0 guage with 300 AMP ANL fuse running to the trunk, and it will be wired there. If you do a second battery, I recommend a larger alternator to supply power to both.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: zipsayain

Does your system have a second battery. And if so, how do you have it setup (pics) ?
No, I don't plan on playing it for long periods of time without the car running, and it's not a bestly system either so I don't have a need for one at the moment.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 PM

NOPE!! and i due play mine all the time with out running the car BUT i have replace the Alt. with a larger version (largest i could find for the monte carlo at auto zone)
And also have a yellow top optium battery. and have never had a isse with it other then when the first Bat. i had lost a cell and that was replaced under thier warrenty and was found it was actually due to the fualt of the Bat. not the system

Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM

that's the nice thing about having a deep cycle battery in your car, it's meant to lose power slowly over a long period of time.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:50 PM

What about using a Capacitor?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 PM

i had one in the last set up but it was not really somethign i had to have . But they will help some but are not a fix for the disco lights tha tyou get from a system with base.

get a better Bat. and Alt. for the car and it will handel the power drains better.
Cap.'s tend to be more of a bandaid then anythign and cause you to have to replace those anyway.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i had one in the last set up but it was not really somethign i had to have . But they will help some but are not a fix for the disco lights tha tyou get from a system with base.

get a better Bat. and Alt. for the car and it will handel the power drains better.
Cap.'s tend to be more of a bandaid then anythign and cause you to have to replace those anyway.
True story.

The only thing I'd add is that you should also do the Big 3 ground upgrade too.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:57 AM

Did you ever see the starter in a 07, Try getting to it from the to lol

Bigger battery (yellow top/Deep cycle), Big three upgrade, good grounds from the amp(s) and nice quality power/ground cable will make the system nice.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

YES! I WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT IT! Having snow plow trucks in the past, and having dead batteries, it was a MUST to have 2 batteries! I ran a battery isolator on the battery running the plow. I have a battery isolator for this car, but it wasn't installed. I have a true dual battery system. The front battery is an Optima red top, while the battery in the trunk is an Optima yellow top. I have a co-worker who had 3 batteries to run his sound system!

There are more pics on my photobucket siten and my cardomain site. The cardomain site isn't current, as my new system just got put in last week, and the cardomain site hasn't been updated yet, but the battery stuff hasn't changed any. Here is a link to my photobucket account:
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...s04/?start=all

Quick Reply: Does your system have a second battery