Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Opinion Needed: Is It Disrespect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

You should be able to post pics by now. As far as the gas tank I'm not sure if it will interfere or not so my advice would be to A. Check to make sure before you drill new holes or B. Modify the new seats to fit the original holes.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

You might check under the existing seats and see if there are wiring connections, sometimes they are there. And then the power might work??

Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the idea, face it nobody want to sit in the middle of the back seat, a useable console woluld be great.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just throwing this out there if the rear mounting bolts are similar to the front mounting bolts could a Monte Carlo front seat work in the back?

Old 04-17-2015, 07:00 PM

I pulled the backseats out and just kinda looked around real quick,the part where you sit just snaps on the the raised floorboard part then the back piece bolts to the rear deck,and the only reason I want the rx8 rear bucket seats is because theyre smaller than reg. seats,il probably jack up the car in a few days and see if I can pop some holes to bolt the seat down,i might do some chopping and fiberglassing to the rear deck to give the seats a little more room

Old 05-16-2015, 09:28 PM

I don't think it's disrespect to put seats from a mazda into a chevrolet. Just don't put a foreign engine in a domestic . If you can even call chevys domestic anymore . I'm planning to put leather seats from a tiburon into mine. They look similar to rx8 seats, except the rears don't have a console between them.

The tiburon seats are way lighter (not power) and more comfortable than stock. I'm not a fan of the power seats anyway. Even the back seat is a TON lighter.

Do you have a plan to install your seats ?

For mine, I was thinking of either making an "adapter" for the fronts to fit the holes/slots or preferably adapt the bottom stock rail to the bottom of the tiburon bracket so it fits like a glove. Make sure to use grade 8 bolts so they don't shear in a wreck.
I'm not so sure about the rears. I'm going to do my best to utilize the stock holes as much as possible. I'd rather make adapter plates than make extra holes.

Hopefully we can share some ideas along the way, the installation process of both seats should be fairly similar.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's no Disrespect. I have had thoughts of replacing my 02 3800 with a 2.5 and Trans from the Nissan Altima. 250hp out of the box. But it would be too much of a project because the all the computers and wiring g would have to be changed. It would operate like an Altima with a Chevy she'll instead of a Chevy with a Nissan motor and trans.
I agree with Everyone. It's your car, do with it as you please! Just keep us informed and take Lots and Lots of pics.
In the end, it will not only be Your Monte but it will have Your Personal Custom flare!

Old 05-17-2015, 03:52 PM

I forgot about this thread lol

I haven't started on the "seat project" yet but I just picked up some stuff to do some fiberglassing

I know the back seats part you sit on just snaps into the floor so il probably make some type of bracket like Scott mentioned for the back seat to sit on. im still sourcing out the seats for a low cost,since rx8 are still pretty new there really isn't any in the junkyards

the center console will contain one sub in it,two subs in the trunk with port holes coming in at the rear deck so the passengers will get some nice air flow and a 6x9 to sit right under each back seat on the raised part of the floorboard

Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 PM

As long as it doesn't say the non chevy brand it should be cool

Old 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM

and no ford parts lol