Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Opinion Needed: Is It Disrespect? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/disrespect-52817/)

KingWord 04-15-2015 07:14 PM

Is It Disrespect?

2001 Monte Carlo LS (blown gasket,bad rodbearings)

130,xxx miles

torch red

Right now im in the middle of getting everything ready for an engine swap LA1-LX9,so in the meantime ive been doing some interior work paint,deep clean,reupholstering,etc. today I started messing with the seats and climbed in the back and that's when I realized its not that comfortable and stylish for my passengers so I wanted to do some upgrades,i had an idea of swaping the whole back seat for some rear rx8 black leather and red suede bucket seats and changing the front with the front seats from an rx8 then doing a nice subtle fiberglass console in the back,so my questions are has anyone changed their seats or modified them? and would putting mazda seats in a chevy be disrespect?

BeachBumMike 04-15-2015 07:24 PM

Hi `King,
It's your Monte & I would do what you want to `it. If you do it (?) > Please post some pictures of your procedure.

I've never seen it done & I've looked at a lot of Monte's.

I've seen the back seat taken out for sound systems & also for NOS systems & Roll bars... You might be the first...

Keep us updated `OK...That's my opinion :thumbsup::) Good Luck

ohara 04-15-2015 07:25 PM

I don't think it's disrespectful at all, if it was the world of customizing would never have been what it is today. If you can do it, go for it

KingWord 04-15-2015 07:59 PM

thanks for the inspiration guys,il try to get some pics up when my phone decides it wants to work with my computer,but I started taking the backseat out earlier to see what I was dealing with.it all comes out pretty easy and I feel like It would be more room for everyone if I swapped out those big heavy bulky seats,i disconnected the seatbelts ,then came up with another great idea,id like to fiberglass the rear deck and put a porthole on each side for the subs in the trunk to flow through into the car I found a complete seat of rx8 black and red bucket seats

KingWord 04-15-2015 08:25 PM

how do you even post a picture in reply? I see I can post in the garage but im just trying to upload something in the reply box

Red Monte Carlo 04-15-2015 08:45 PM

I think you should do what you feel! I was even thinking about putting some Recaro or Sparco racing seats in the front but decided against it due to the cost and this being my only car plus daily, it wouldn't be too comfortable. Also I like my power seats. :)

KingWord 04-15-2015 09:34 PM

I thought about switching them for the powered leather seats out of an ss but im not sure how to go about hooking new wires up if its even possible so I think im just gonna find me some nice rx8 seats,i think it would look real nice in the back and everyone would have a lot more room

02ssintimidator 04-15-2015 10:07 PM

It sounds like you have a vision of what you want your interior to be. So I say it would be disrespect to not put the Mazda seats in your car. Continue on with your vision until it is complete.

KingWord 04-15-2015 10:17 PM

the only problem is how to bolt them down,isnt the gas tank located under the rear seat? I don't want to go drilling holes then hit the tank,my plan is to drill the hole,put a bolt in it with some sealer then put a nut on the bolt from the bottom but I can do that if the tank will be in the way

KingWord 04-15-2015 10:18 PM

I guess being a new member I cant post picture attachments on my reply?