Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

CB Radio in 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Default CB Radio in 2007

Hey all,

I have a 2007 LS and I want to install a CB radio. I would prefer to hook it up straight to the battery. I have 2 questions:

1. What is the easiest path through the firewall from the interior to the battery?

2. If there is no easy path through the firewall, which of the interior fuses should I wire it to? The manual has things labeled, but when I open up the fusebox I just see numbers - and none of them say 12, which is the voltage I'd expect for a CB.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Default RE: CB Radio in 2007

They should all be 12volts. I would say it would be save to go after the Radio or the Cig Lighter Fuse..

I want a CB in my 2006, but I can not find a place to really mount one... where were you thinking... Maybe you see a place I didn't

Old 05-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I figured my post was going to rot in the graveyard for eternity. No doubt there are hundreds of folks out there withlate modelMonte Carlos who have put CBs in,but they sure haven't put any pics online that I can find... Whenever I finally get around to doing it, I'll be contributing some pics and howtos.

My '07 doesn't havean actual cig lighter - no big deal, plenty of Bics and Zippos floating around -but it has the plug, I'm assuming that's the AUX fuse but I'm not sure. The radio fuse I can ID no problem, so I'll give that one a shot.

In my '00 I set the CB on top of the dash under the radar detector, and used a cig plug adapter for power. That was a ghetto solution (not just for the lack of mount, but also for the dirty power through the cig plug) and I would much rather do it right this time. I had my '00 for 7 years, but didn't get into the CB until late in my ownership, so I didn't want to drill it except for the antenna. I plan to keep this one at least that long, so I have no problem with a proper install.

I'm hoping to mount the radio under the dash on the driver's side, to the right of my right knee. The only downside there is that to find a spot where the mount plate will fit flush against the dash means it's going to be a long reach down to make adjustments while driving. The "obvious" alternative is mounting to the glove box, but that's a long and awkward reach while driving - plus it could inconvenience passengers - so that's pretty much a non option for me.

I may wind up looking for a new CB that's more compact and would fit in the space available. I've got an old Midland, I could use a newer model with a little bit of a "boost," if ya know what I mean, and I see them on eBay from time to time.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 AM

06-07 Montes
The fuse for the aux plug is in the fuse panel on the pass side kick panel. Its a 25 aamp fuse

Old 05-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I have a hand held one that plugs into the cigarette lighter that works just as good as any center mount unit.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well with my dad drivinv trucks i know a bit about CB's.

first off, the ywere invented after 12 V's were the popular thing... so don't worry about that.

second off.. i don't see a CB being cool in a Monte Carlo (although my parnets had one in a Lincoln Town Car once)... I thought about it because I ahd one in my pick up, but i didn't see hte point. o'well. you could run two wires into yuour fuse box under the dash and a 25 A fuse should do it.. if i rmemebr right.the motne's have no good place to but a cB.. a small one could go in the compartment infront of the gear stick, but tahts all i can think of. velcro might be your best friend

Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM

i think gpds solution would be best, no ugly wires or huge antennas on your new car just a handheld unit that will work just as well

Old 05-31-2008, 12:11 AM

5 Year Member

+1 on the handheld.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 AM

COWBOY......what meds are you on lately??? your post before your last one was a little on the hard side of reading..... I know sometimes we all can get carried away trying to make post counts higher and in a rush... but some of us are more laid back simple folk who have a little trouble with jibberish.. not saying I cant read but alot of your previous posts were written very well with not so many errors..... not ragging on you man but it took me a min to get in what you were trying to get across

Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM

5 Year Member

i was about to go to the drag strip with some friends... i was in a hurry lol

we had fun, btw

Quick Reply: CB Radio in 2007